USAA and downloading ALL transactions

Rodney Myers

14 Jun, 2015 12:42 AM

Never used online banking, in all of the time I've owned moneydance. Never saw a need, until now

I can get logged in with Moneydance to USAA.

The problem? I want to download everything from the beginning until now, to help correct my previous issue. Right now, usaa is only downloading the most current transactions. Is this a moneydance issue or USAA issue?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 14 Jun, 2015 12:54 AM

Hello,

Moneydance only downloads whatever the banks decide to send for how they have configured their direct connections. It seems that something like 90 days is the most typical, although I've seen this range from 30 days to two years depending on the bank. Moneydance just receives whatever the bank servers send; there is no way to request more or less information. Some banks offer manual downloads from their website in the OFX, OFC, QFX, or QIF formats (sometimes called Quicken or Microsoft Money files) for a longer time range than they offer for direct connections. You can import any of those downloaded files through the File -> Import option in the Moneydance menu bar, so that's probably something worth looking into. Otherwise, the options are either manual entry, or just setting an initial balance for your account for the point before which you have transactions.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

2. Ethan closed this discussion on 14 Jun, 2015 12:54 AM.

3. rdmyers.42 re-opened this discussion on 14 Jun, 2015 01:34 AM

4. 2 Posted by rdmyers.42 on 14 Jun, 2015 01:34 AM

On Sun, 14 Jun 2015 00:54:06 +0000

5. Ethan closed this discussion on 14 Jun, 2015 01:36 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac