Multiple accounts from single bank

whodis

15 Jun, 2015 05:44 PM

I've seen several threads dealing with this issue but I can't resolve the problem. I'm new to Moneydance. I have multiple accounts with Wells Fargo. I was able to set up 2 accounts easily for online downloads (Account #1, #2) However, the third account (Account #3) keeps downloading data from Account #2. I tried disabling/enabling the other accounts from online access but it doesn't help. After downloading the data, I noticed the account number changed on my Account #3 to the Account #2 number.

1. 1 Posted by Ethan on 15 Jun, 2015 06:09 PM

It is likely that this is a mapping issue. Your accounts are not mapped properly (in other words, one account is pointing to one or more of your Moneydance accounts).
    To fix this, open the register of an affected account, go to Online -> Set Up Online Banking from the menu bar, and disable online banking. Repeat for all affected accounts. Then you will need to re-enable them one by one in the same menu. Once you have entered your ID and Password for an account, click Ok and wait (do not click next). You need to see a window that will display - "Please choose the account you wish to use" - which are your accounts listed in a drop down list. If you bypass this window - your Moneydance Account will map to the first account on this list. Sometimes you will need to just wait for this window to pop-up as it can take several seconds.

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by whodis on 15 Jun, 2015 07:23 PM

I dont think this is the problem. I have tried the following:

1) delete all accounts
    2) add new account #3
    3) enable online download
    4) still downloads wrong data!!

Then I started fresh:
    1) new moneydance account
    2) add new account (#3)
    3) add new online download info
    4) downloads wrong data!

How does moneydance know which account to sync when it's syncing? It apparently does not use the account number.

3. 3 Posted by Ian L on 16 Jun, 2015 01:56 PM

You should choose the account you want to sync to as part of the setup process. The accounts are listed in a dropdown box on the window with the text "Please choose the account you wish to use". Are you not seeing that step?

Ian
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by avp2 on 16 Jun, 2015 04:30 PM

In addition, there is a long standing issue with the MD OFX handler in that it can confuse credentials with institutions setup with multiple accounts. In the past and more than once, I have had to disable all online banking, close MD, reopen MD and reset up all my online banking accounts to get things back to normal. AND, if one account fails at a multi-account institution, MD will ask (and need to have reentered) all the passwords for the rest of the accounts. Does not happen often, but a real pain when it does - like it did just now in build 1190 due to some bank maintenance being done on one of my Capital One accounts.

5. 5 Posted by whodis on 16 Jun, 2015 04:42 PM

Got it working finally on the third try. I had to delete the MD file and start fresh. Then I added each account, selected it, add online banking feature, linked account.

The problem before (I don't know what caused it) was when adding new accounts it would skip to "MD has all info it needs for online banking" instead of presenting me with a list of accounts.

6. 6 Posted by avp2 on 16 Jun, 2015 09:18 PM

Sounds good. My message was just a "heads-up" for the access fail on one account triggering a request for credentials on all the other accounts with the same institution problem.

I have taken to keeping copies of my passwords where they are available to paste in when the problem occurs - thankfully, not real often.

When it happens, also be sure to turn off “download all accounts” , or disable the problem account, until the problem account gets fixed. Otherwise, passwords will again need to be reentered.

7. System closed this discussion on 19 Mar, 2016 04:55 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac