Chase Credit Card

bastedo

27 Nov, 2017 05:26 PM

I have been able to download directly from Chase credit card for years. In the last six months I have not been able to. I keep getting a server error of 2000. I am using the right user name and password. I can log into their web site fine. I called them and they said it is still set up from their end to work. Is there anything that needs to be updated from your app to make this work again?

1. 1 Posted by Ian O on 28 Nov, 2017 11:41 AM

Hi,

Sorry to hear of the issue you have encountered when downloading your transaction data into Moneydance. Can you let me know what version of Moneydance you are using? You can check this within Moneydance by navigating to Moneydance --> About Moneydance.

Could you send me the contents of your error console? This should hopefully shed some further light onto what is happening when Moneydance is attempting to connect with your bank. Here's how to get the logs:

1)  In Moneydance, click on the Help menu and select the Console Window option.  This will open the console messages window.
    2) While the Console Window is open, attempt to connect to your bank.  Any error messages should be recorded to the Console.
    3) Select all of the text in the Console and use the "Copy to Clipboard" button at the bottom to copy the text.
    4) Paste the text from the message window into a text file (preferably saved with a .txt extension) and attach that file to your response here.

The debugging logs that this produces will contain your account information.  I've made sure that this conversation is private, so the info won't be broadcast to the world, but just to be safe you should redact any account info in the debug logs.  Just replace it with something like "ACCOUNT NUMBER HERE" and it should be fine.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by bastedo on 02 Dec, 2017 06:11 PM

Thanks Ian.

Here is the console log. I hope you can make some sense of this. I appreciate the help.

Dave

3. 3 Posted by Ian O on 03 Dec, 2017 03:34 PM

Thanks for sending through your logs. As a test, could you create a new blank data set and see if you can successfully connect here? You can create a new data set in Moneydance via File --> New, and use the File --> Open option to switch between files.

If you can successfully connect, this will indicate an issue in your original data set and we ca look to resolve this.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

4. System closed this discussion on 04 Mar, 2018 03:40 PM.

5. bastedo re-opened this discussion on 31 Dec, 2018 10:31 PM

6. System closed this discussion on 31 Dec, 2018 10:40 PM.

7. bastedo re-opened this discussion on 31 Dec, 2018 10:44 PM

8. 4 Posted by bastedo on 31 Dec, 2018 10:44 PM

I set up a new file and added the Chase Visa card. I still could not connect. The error message that I get is this:

There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: Chase

The error code reported by the server was: 2000

Please verify your identity within the next 7 days. Using your desktop computer, go to your bank�s website and visit the Secure Message Center for instructions.

I can use the login data successfully on their website. Not sure what is happening. They indicate on their site that Quicken users can successfully download transactions.
    Any further idea on what to do?

Dave

9. Support Staff 5 Posted by Sean Reilly on 01 Jan, 2019 08:25 PM

Hi Dave,

Sorry for this issue. According to the instructions in that message and the feedback we've heard from other customers is that you'll need to follow the instructions in the Secure Message Center on their web site. I believe there is a step that is required to enable direct connections from apps such as Quicken (and Moneydance) on their site.

Thanks!

Sean Reilly
    Developer, The Infinite Kind
    http://infinitekind.com

10. 6 Posted by bastedo on 03 Jan, 2019 05:58 PM

Well done Sean. That worked. I don't think that it ever worked like that, but yes, there was a message to verify. I did it and I am now able to download. You should make this into a FAQ for others to find easily.

11. System closed this discussion on 04 Apr, 2019 06:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac