Ability to customize account ordering in the Summary Page sidebar

tskramer64

20 May, 2015 12:38 PM

Hi,
I have browsed the discussions on this topic and found the following data:
1.) There are at least five separate discussions on this topic, one dating back to March of 2010.
2.) All suggested remedies are merely workarounds, i.e., using spaces, ASCII character set characters, or numbers to force the desired account ordering.
3.) There are multiple votes for this feature within each of the discussions, so it is very evident that this feature has a lot of interest from the MD user community.
4.) Each of the discussions has been closed "by the System", without a true fix being included in any of the releases since the earliest posting of this discussion topic.
5.) A global search of the keyword "sidebar" in the preview changelog indicates there are no bug fixes in the works for the next dot/build release of MD 2015.

As others have users have stated, this request seems to be a very basic functionality of the MD GUI. If it has been identified as an issue over five years ago, there have been multiple "votes" in each discussion supporting this request, and the only support suggestions have been workarounds, why has this not been promoted on the developer list of fixes for the next release of MD?

Thanks in advance for any insights you can provide - there are many users anxious to see this functionality provided in the next release!

Regards,
Tom

1. 1 Posted by Ian L on 21 May, 2015 12:48 PM

Hi Tom,

I've added your vote for this ticket. It's not in active development at the moment, but we'll let you know once their are updates.

Regarding discussions closed by "the System": We've been testing out a new feature of these forums that auto-closes old discussions. Unfortunately, it also closes discussions with open tickets, which is not ideal. We're working with the service provider to see if they can add a setting to leave discussions with open tickets open.

Ian
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Jon Smith on 18 Jul, 2015 12:38 PM

I strongly agree with Tom - I have searched for how to customise the order that Accounts appear in and there are lots of discussions, with votes, that have been closed.

In fact it does look like the old advice of adding a space or a number does not work any more as the system reorders the accounts based on something I'm not sure about - maybe last used? Most User Experience experts will tell you that you should not reorder where items appear, as it will confuse the user.

Please could you set up a proper vote for this feature, including all the votes from the 'closed' entries on this subject.

Jon

3. System closed this discussion on 19 Mar, 2016 04:55 AM.

4. tskramer64 re-opened this discussion on 03 Jul, 2016 05:23 AM

5. 3 Posted by tskramer64 on 03 Jul, 2016 05:28 AM

Ian,
    It appears the auto-close "feature" for old discussions was activated for this discussion. Please ensure that unresolved tickets with significant numbers of users awaiting a fix are not auto closed. Archiving unresolved issues doesn't make them go away and results in poor user experiences. Thanks!

6. 4 Posted by Ian L on 07 Jul, 2016 03:13 PM

Sorry about that. We're still trying to tweak this system so that it doesn't close discussions like this. I've tagged this particular discussion so that we can keep track of it better. Hopefully the next time you hear from us we'll be telling you that we've fixed this issue.

Ian L
    Infinite Kind Support

7. System closed this discussion on 06 Oct, 2016 03:20 PM.

8. tskramer64 re-opened this discussion on 04 Jun, 2022 04:37 PM

9. System closed this discussion on 04 Jun, 2022 04:40 PM.

10. tskramer64 re-opened this discussion on 04 Jun, 2022 04:45 PM

11. 5 Posted by tskramer64 on 04 Jun, 2022 04:45 PM

Hi MD support team,

It has now been over SEVEN years since this feature was requested with multiple votes supporting it, and this basic functionality still doesn't appear to be supported in the latest MD 2022.4 (build 4087) release.

Rather than auto-archiving/closing feature requests without resolution, can you please advise when this relatively simple request can be accommodated in an MD update?

Thank you,
    Tom

12. 6 Posted by dwg on 04 Jun, 2022 09:46 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Auto close after about three month of inactivity in the topic is a feature of the Tender software, this behaviour cannot be changed.

13. System closed this discussion on 03 Sep, 2022 09:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac