Account Balances Report

Noname

23 Sep, 2010 12:06 AM

Yesterday I downloaded some price history from Yahoo into MD for 2 stocks. Today when I run the Account Balances report with yesterday's date (9/21) I am seeing the balances for all stocks with today's number rather than yesterday's. Here's an example of what I see:

Account Balances Report for 9/22 date Stock X $1,760.64 US Dollars [33.645 shares @ $52.33]

Account Balances Report for 9/21 date Stock X $1,760.64 US Dollars [33.645 shares @ $52.93]
(The correct balance should be $1,780.82.)

I even ran the report for 9/14 date and it still shows the same balances for that date as well. It looks like the report knows the correct price to use but it is not using it in the calculation. I don't know if the download did something or that is just a coincidence. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

An addendum as to how I imported price history: I copied the data from Yahoo and put in a spreadsheet. Saved that as a csv file and selected "import from file" under the History tab on the Securities Detail page.

One more item: I'm using Mac OS X 10.5.8; MD 2010r3 (751); Java Version: 1.6.0_20
Java Vendor: Apple Inc.

1. 1 Posted by neville on 24 Sep, 2010 12:59 PM

Hi

I think I have a similar example of this problem. I saved a Jan2010 Balances report which includes my Investments (UK funds) for comparison with the rest of the year. The investment account name in my case is say Neville 2000 ISA (tax free investment account). The total for the account as at Jan 2010 was £7763.79 But the value for the investment on the line above is the latest downloaded price time the number of shares, in this case £4.26 times 1821 shares i.e. £8434.08 the current value!

See snapshot attached.

Why does MD not record the share price as at date of saved report?

Regards

Neville

2. 2 Posted by Noname on 24 Sep, 2010 05:53 PM

It seems that the report has the correct total balance for each account but not the correct balance for each individual security within the account for historical dates. This doesn't seem like the way the report should be working, maybe it's a bug?

3. 3 Posted by Ben Spencer on 28 Sep, 2010 01:34 PM

I have reproduced the problem and filed a bug ticket.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Sincerely
    Ben Spencer
    Moneydance Support

4. 4 Posted by rnmagee on 05 Jan, 2011 02:01 PM

I've had this problem too. Any idea when it will be fixed?

5. 5 Posted by Ben Spencer on 05 Jan, 2011 08:09 PM

I am afraid this ticket is not yet scheduled to be fixed. I have increased the priority on the ticket and I cannot provide a time line for when this will happen.

Ben Spencer
    Moneydance Support

6. 6 Posted by Ben Spencer on 05 Jan, 2011 09:21 PM

In the mean time I recommend using the Net worth report which has very similar functionality but does not have this problem.

7. 7 Posted by rnmagee on 05 Jan, 2011 11:26 PM

Thanks Ben
    Is there any way of getting zero value account/securities shown on the Net Worth report?
    Thanks
    Richard

--
    RN Magee
    Tel: +61 (0)2 9982 3426
    Mobile: +61 (0)414 684 223
    Email: [email blocked]

8. 8 Posted by Ben Spencer on 06 Jan, 2011 02:44 PM

The net worth report will only show securities that are held in investment accounts. It will show securities that have a zero value only if there is at least one of those securities held in an account.

Ben Spencer
    Moneydance Support

9. 9 Posted by rnmagee on 06 Jan, 2011 11:11 PM

Hi Ben
    Thanks for your response. I understand that securities have to be in an investment account, and that is no problem. But I didn't understand the second part of your answer: "It [the net worth report] will show securities that have a zero value only if there is at least one of those securities held in an account". I have got securities in an investment account which, because I have sold all of them, now have zero units, but they don't show up in the report. What am I missing here?
    Many thanks
    Richard

--
    RN Magee
    Tel: +61 (0)2 9982 3426
    Mobile: +61 (0)414 684 223
    Email: [email blocked]

10. 10 Posted by Ben Spencer on 07 Jan, 2011 03:10 PM

Hi Richard

I am sorry my last post was confusing.

The net worth report will not show securities unless you own some of those securities. If you have sold all units of a security it will not be included in the net worth report.

Sincerely
    Ben Spencer
    Moneydance Support

11. System closed this discussion on 31 Mar, 2015 03:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac