Import Matching Problems

BrettC

03 Jul, 2009 12:17 AM

Moneydance thinks that an imported item is a duplicate even if the date is different by a month. How do I stop this behaviour? Can I make it more sensitive to date imports?

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by tcjarvis on 24 Dec, 2009 10:55 PM

Ditto this one, please. I gave up on auto-matching and turned that off, but even using the manual match is a royal PITA for any transaction that wasn't a check I printed from Moneydance. Every hand-written check takes at least three steps to get correct - I finally gave up and just let everything go in as "CHECK" and fixed them after the import. ATM wtihdrawals auto-match on all the wrong transactions, and would drop the category every time I tried to manually fix the transaction during the import. Even then, after I edited the category (or the description) the "Accept" match would come up with some other transaction to merge against rather than "Confirm change to . Assuming I remembered to fix everything, half the time after that either the description or the category would disappear after I finally accepted what I had fixed to be correct.

Frustrated? Oh yeah. I still don't really know right now if the 40+ transactions I just imported are correctly entered. That is not a happy feeling...
    -- Clark

2. 32 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 11 Jan, 2010 07:16 PM

Hi all,

We have made significant alterations to the matching algorithm and its sensitivity since the initial release of Moneydance 2010. If you are not using the most recent version (2010r2 build 735), please update to that version. You can download the update [here]http://moneydance.com/other). We will be releasing further improvements to the importing and matching features in the coming week.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance.

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

3. 33 Posted by md on 11 Jan, 2010 11:48 PM

OK. So I installed this and there is a bug. I had a check that if offered to "Merge" with the transaction from a few days ago. But even though I hit "Accept" it just continued to ask infinitely. I finally had to just quit out of Moneydance. When I went back into Moneydance I was finally out of it.

Hope the next build is better.

4. 34 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 15 Jan, 2010 02:21 PM

Md,
    Was this a one-time issue, or has the "infinite loop" happened again? It would be helpful for us to know this so we can address this appropriately.

Thank you for your assistance,

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

5. 35 Posted by Randy on 15 Jan, 2010 02:43 PM

md, there is currently a bug written about the accept button not clearing after the last unconfirmed transaction being processed. After you hit the accept button for the last one, it IS processed, but doesn't clear the accept button.

If this is what you are experiencing, the workaround is pretty easy. You can clear it by just moving to another record then moving back to the record that had the problem (then then accept button goes away).

This is bug number 2443. If this is the issue you are having, I urge you to vote for this bug in Trac.

6. 36 Posted by md on 15 Jan, 2010 03:29 PM

Yes I think Randy hit it. This is a pretty big problem. We have to vote to get it fixed? Hopefully it's obvious where to do that. I'll go look for the Trac system.

7. 37 Posted by Noname on 15 Jan, 2010 03:34 PM

8. 38 Posted by md on 15 Jan, 2010 03:38 PM

Thanks. I did eventually figure out that it wasn't hosted by infinitekind. Then decoded other URLs, slammed in the bug number, registered as a new user on the Trac system and then logged in and then upvoted the bug so it will get fixed. I think I'm getting too cantankerous for software like this.

9. 39 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 15 Jan, 2010 04:39 PM

An update from Sean (crossposted here )

The Moneydance 2010 transaction accept/match/merge procedure will be changing very soon.

I have spent the weekend and part of last week redesigning the system with everyone's comments in mind. I believe that I now have a design (and most of the code) that will make just about everyone happy, without having to resort to the way that MD2008 worked.

So, please hold tight... I will have a preview release available very soon.

Thanks,
    Sean

10. 40 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 25 Jan, 2010 04:42 PM

We've released the new beta build of Moneydance 2010 (2010r2 build 738). You can download the update here. We believe that this build will resolve a number of issues and provide improvements in transaction matching and other areas of the program.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance.

Angie Rauscher

Moneydance Support

11. 41 Posted by Mark on 22 Feb, 2010 12:47 AM

Import matching worked as I would want it to in Moneydance 2008 - when I download a statement, the matched transactions show up as a single transaction in the register, and I confirm the matching. Ever since MD 2009 (and including the latest version, which I downloaded today), when I download a statement, everything shows up as a new transaction until I match them. This means that until I do that, my account balance is way off since every transaction is counted twice. How do I get the program to behave the way it used to?

12. 42 Posted by Randy on 22 Feb, 2010 12:59 AM

If you have one of the latest builds (I recommend 741), then when you press the "balance" button at the bottom right of the register, you will see several balances, one of them is the "unconfirmed" balance. That balance is the balance without your newly downloaded (but not yet accepted) transactions. That balance will update in real time as you accept transactions.

You can get build 741 from here:

http://moneydance.com/trac/wiki/Moneydance2010Beta

As to making it look the way it used to, so far the effort seems to be on improving this interface. There are several lengthy threads on this discussion forum about this subject, one of them is:

http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/md2010-beta/7-reconciling-...

13. 43 Posted by Randy on 22 Feb, 2010 01:16 AM

correction to the above, the "confirmed balance" is the balance without the unaccepted transactions

14. 44 Posted by Mark Burkhardt on 22 Feb, 2010 03:18 AM

Thanks - I read through the thread, and I see that many people have exactly
    the same issue that I had. How do I get the actual balance without the
    duplicate transactions to show up on the home screen?

-Mark

15. 45 Posted by Ben Spencer on 23 Feb, 2010 05:10 PM

Hi Mark

Currently the balances on the home page included the unconfirmed (newly downloaded and not yet accepted) transactions. Angie and I had a long conversation with Sean (the lead developer) about this yesterday. We recognize this is a issue and as part of a more significant change to the way unconfirmed transactions are handled we will be changing this.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

16. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 14 May, 2010 06:44 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac