reconcile / categorize should only change the CATEGORY not the DESCRIPTION/MEMO fields

tesar244

18 Nov, 2010 04:17 PM

The Subject says it all

1. 1 Posted by Roger Kirchner on 21 Nov, 2010 03:31 AM

Why can't this be possible? My Social Security payment includes the date in the memo field, which of course changes every month. I always want to categorize it as Retirement/Social Security. But I also want to retain the date of each Soc Sec payment in the memo field. The only proposed matches have previous memo fields which of course always have previous dates. The only way to keep the new memo field seems to be to tediously select the category before reconciling which then gives a new proposed categorization with an old date the next month. I have several automatic monthly transactions which include the date and therefore have changing memo fields. I've just had to start using MD 2010 because build 295, which I have been happily using for years, now crashes when I try to start it. Why can't there be a categorization option that lets you keep the new memo field?

2. 2 Posted by Ben Spencer on 24 Nov, 2010 04:50 PM

This has been suggested before and we have an existing ticket to make this an option in our issue tracking system. We hope to have this implemented in the next major release.

Sincerely
    Ben Spencer
    Moneydance Support

3. 3 Posted by tesar244 on 24 Nov, 2010 05:08 PM

Excellent ... and about time!

Categorize should be just that, and only that.

Now, do you include any TAG's with the Categorize option? I'd say NO ... but this might be established as a preference setting allowing the user to decide.

thanks

Dean Tesar
    [email blocked]

4. 4 Posted by Rachel on 12 Feb, 2011 05:24 PM

Agreed, this should be implemented soon, it is not working yet for me - build 751.

5. 5 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 12 Feb, 2011 06:24 PM

Hey all,

This is a feature we're definitely working on , and we do understand it's important to our users. I'm certainly excited to use it myself!

We'll post on this thread when we have more info, or when the feature is available,

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

6. 6 Posted by Dr. Rachel L Ra... on 12 Feb, 2011 07:14 PM

thanks!

7. 7 Posted by dougc on 13 Feb, 2011 03:49 AM

Great to hear - I'm also looking forward to this. Thanks!

8. System closed this discussion on 31 Mar, 2015 03:31 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac