can not use up down arrow keys to choose category

ericc2728

07 Oct, 2015 10:20 PM

Hi, I can't use the arrow keys to select the category, i've tried this on 3 different computers and the function works in the beginning but then stops working after a couple of minutes of being in the software. Can you tell me if this is a bug?

1. 1 Posted by David Hanley on 07 Oct, 2015 11:22 PM

Hi Eric,

Unfortunately I've been unable to duplicate the issue that you're seeing. Could you get me a copy of your console logs the next time it occurs? Here's how to get the logs:

1)  In Moneydance, click on the Help menu and select the Console Window option.  This will open the console messages window.
    2) While the Console Window is open, attempt to scroll through the categories with your keyboard.  Any error messages should be recorded to the Console.
    3) Select all of the text in the Console and use the "Copy to Clipboard" button at the bottom to copy the text.
    4) Paste the text from the message window into a text file (preferably saved with a .txt extension) and attach that file to your response here.

The debugging logs that this produces could contain your account information.  I've made sure that this conversation is private, so the info won't be broadcast to the world, but just to be safe you should redact any account info in the debug logs.  Just replace it with something like "ACCOUNT NUMBER HERE" and it should be fine.

Thanks!

David Hanley
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by ericc2728 on 08 Oct, 2015 12:00 AM

here is a youtube video of the error, i noticed also that there is no selection to highlight the category. https://youtu.be/2T9s_0n8_RE

3. 3 Posted by ericc2728 on 10 Oct, 2015 03:49 AM

After working with moneydance a little bit more it appears that i can use the arrow keys to select the categories i just can't see what i'm selecting. the blue highlight indicating which category is selected either doesn't exist or when it is on the screen does not indicate what is really being selected. any thoughts on why this is happening?

4. System closed this discussion on 19 Mar, 2016 04:58 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac