Double Entry on Transaction Updates

PAD

06 Mar, 2011 10:24 PM

Have successfully converted from Quicken 2010 for Windows to MD2010r3 for Mac OS 10.6.6 (with great ease, I must add) and there are three problems:

1. The big one is that after updating all my checking/saving and cc accounts with the QIF files from Quicken, when I do an online update from B of A for the checking, it double enters the downloaded with the historic transactions. The two identical register entries sit right next to each other. I'm noticing this as I go through a change some categories.

2. The second, and this may be B of A's issue, is that only one credit card is downloading transactions and it's putting all the the new entries on two additional cards. I am having trouble logging into "B of A All Other States", which may the problem, as that's where Quicken says those accounts reside. I will contact them when they're open tomorrow.

3. The third and least important, but annoying thing is that the MD widow cannot be dragged around for several seconds after an entry is made, so it cannot be moved out of the way for convenience. Slightly irritating, but not a deal buster.

Otherwise, what an improvement over Quicken for Mac, which is a nightmare and I never got setup, since it was taking hours of pointless online tech chat.

Thought on any of this?

thx

pad

1. 1 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 06 Mar, 2011 11:20 PM

Pad

1) Have you gone through the matching process? This will "merge" the duplicates with the currently existing transactions.

2) This is almost certainly a mapping issue. When setting up a direct connection you will see several screens. First you'll select the bank you want to connect with. Then you'll screen where you select the Moneydance account you are setting up (see Account Mapping screenshot 1). Then a box will pop up asking you to enter your user name and password. After you do this, it will take you back to screenshot one which offers you a next option. This is a bit confusing- what is actually happening is that Moneydance is talking to your bank's server, and you should NOT be clicking next from the screenshot 1 interface. You will wait a few moments and then a box will pop up asking you which of your online accounts you want to connect with the Moneydance account you have selected (See account mapping screenshot 2).

I hope this helps, I personally have several accounts at one bank and Moneydance deals with them appropriately when I went through the process above, AND I recognize it is confusing. We are working on improving this interface for future versions of Moneydance.

3) This is unusual. Could you please let me know what OS and version of Java you are running (available in the Help->Console Window).

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by Peter Donald on 07 Mar, 2011 01:19 AM

Thanks for the prompt response.

1. How do you do the "matching process"? It's not obvious to me and not mentioned in the documentation that I can see.

2. There's some confusion about which bank it actually is. B of A - California or B of A - All Other States. I think I have this cleared up now. However, when importing the QIF file from Quicken for the old data, the categories don't hold, so you have to re-categorize everything. Is there a way to solve this?

3. Mac OS is 10.6.6, Java is SD6 - v 1.6.0_22-b04-307 for both 64 and 32 bit CPU.

thx very much

Peter Donald
    310 871-4862
    [email blocked]

3. 3 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 07 Mar, 2011 07:36 PM

Peter,

1. In the documentation this process is referred to "Confirming Downloaded and Imported Transactions into the Register", and begins on page 49 of the Moneydance 2010 help documentation, which is located here.

2) When importing from Quicken, be sure to click the "From Another Program" box. This is the most common cause of losing the categories attached to transactions.

3) I'm stumped by this one. Is anything else delayed after transaction entry- in other words do other functions lag or just the ability to drag the window?

Good luck, and please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

4. System closed this discussion on 31 Mar, 2015 03:32 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac