Dowloading quotes of etf's on Paris stock exchange

Koen MIchielsen

31 Jul, 2009 11:37 PM

Hello, I recently started using moneydance for my finances, and am happy with the program.
Now I seem to have a small problem:
quotes from etf's on the Paris stock exchange that have no history in the yahoo db cannot be downloaded:

You try to download the recent history by this method:
http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com/table.csv?s=EEE.PA&d=3&e=16&f=2009&g=d&a=1&b=15&c=2009&ignore=.csv which in the browser gives a 404 error.

It is however possible to download the quote of the last trading day by the following link:
http://download.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=EEE.PA&f=sl1d1t1c1ohgv&e=.csv

The question would be if there is a method to get the plugin to try and download from the second url instead of the first one?

Koen.

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 06 Aug, 2009 08:28 PM

Hi Koen

Moneydance uses both of the URLs to get quote and historical data. However I believe that the current behavior is that if Moneydance is not able to obtain historical data from the first URL it does not attempt to get the quote from the second url. I realize that there are a relatively small number of symbols for which yahoo provides quotes but not history. However I am not in agreement with your assertion that the second URL provides the "quote of the last trading day". It is my belief that the second URL provides a close to real time quote. I just tested this and it seems to be about 23 mins behind the current time. As these are not end of day trade prices It would be challenging to modify the synchronizer to create a meaningful quote history using this information.

However plans are underway to modify the system to be able to access quote and history information from both the google and yahoo servers which should significantly increase the coverage. I do not have a time line for when this might be implemented.

I am sorry for the inconvienience this is causing you.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

2. 2 Posted by Koen Michielsen on 06 Aug, 2009 08:45 PM

Hello,

Concerning the second url, you're probably right, I checked this after
    trading hours, so it looked like last days quote. A sync method would be to
    simply overwrite the previously downloaded data from the same day, but I
    appreciate that starting to overwrite data is not something you would want
    to do.

A suggestion for the coverage of all possible quotes: you should have a look
    at the solution in KMyMoney (I moved from there). They allow the (advanced)
    user to enter a custom url and corresponding regex to parse the data.

I'm happy to hear that you have plans for a solution,

Koen.

3. 3 Posted by Ben Spencer on 07 Aug, 2009 08:36 PM

Hi Koen

I think thats a great idea and have added a suggestion ticket for it in our issue tracking system. Here is the link:

http://moneydance.com/trac/ticket/2037

If you register and log into trac you can cote on the ticket. The more votes the more likely it will be implemented.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

4. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2011 06:51 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac