[Mac] Focus changes to the side pane on cmd-Enter

yacoob

23 May, 2011 06:40 PM

Hello there,

In MD2010, I used to follow a procedure: import OFX file (my bank doesn't support any kind of exporting so I wrote a scraper script :), go to the transaction list, look for imported transactions, walk through the ones that I can identify, pressing cmd-Enter to acknowledge them.

In MD 2011 the above no longer works - first cmd-Enter approves current transation but moves the focus to the side pane detailing the transaction. As a result, while I can press cmd-Enter again to ack the next transaction, I can no longer use arrow keys to skip it.

Bug or feature? Definitely an annoyance for me :(

1. 1 Posted by Jon Hoover on 26 May, 2011 05:50 PM

Hi,
    I'll have to check in with the developers to see if this is a consequence of a feature or not. I'll go ahead and file a bug ticket for it. A workaround I found is if you hit left arrow before you hit the down arrow it should work. I know its not ideal but hopefully it will hope until things are resolved.
    Sincerely,
    Jon Hoover, Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by yacoob on 29 May, 2011 04:01 PM

Thanks for the answer,

the workaround doesn't seem to work reliably - sometimes I'm able to get back to list, sometimes not. The focus doesn't seem to switch in either case, ie. there's no visual indication of the fact that the focus has switched back to the transaction list.

3. System closed this discussion on 31 Mar, 2015 03:34 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac