Securities detail screen arithmetic error?

AlanK

02 Jun, 2011 10:39 PM

Having gone through the agony of porting over the last 29 months (out of 20 years) of Quicken data, I have turned to evaluating the investment accounts. I picked one with limited securities and transactions. What perplexes me is that the sum of the entries in the register and on the left panel on the detail screen do not match that which is on the right panel. Why so?

Oh, the current total for the account should be 957.09.

1. 1 Posted by Noname on 02 Jun, 2011 10:51 PM

I just added the left column and it seems like those entries do match the right side number of 957.05. But it seems that this number is wrong as you think it should be 957.09. You would need to see which entry is incorrect or missing.

2. 2 Posted by AlanK on 02 Jun, 2011 11:14 PM

Gee, do I feel stupid. I swear I added up the left hand column and it came to 957.09 (which ironically is what my statement balance reads as well.) Sometimes you look at the same numbers over and over and they all start to blur. Not sure how downloads are going to go, but I now have my manual entries correct.

Thanks for taking the time. I realize it's just pennies, but I want to make sure the entire process is working as hoped and expected before populating too much data.

Thanks again.

3. AlanK closed this discussion on 02 Jun, 2011 11:14 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac