Automatic transaction download issue

krishk24

03 Jun, 2011 05:23 AM

Hi
I am new to moneydance. I use a Mac OSX 10.5.8.

I am getting an error whose screenshot is attached when I try to connect to my Bank of America (California) checking account. what am i doing wrong (password and id are correct)

thanks
Kris

1. 1 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 03 Jun, 2011 01:32 PM

Kris,

Most financial institutions will require you to enable your accounts for application-based online banking. You can accomplish this by asking your bank to set up your account for connections from Quicken. Moneydance uses exactly the same OFX server connection protocol as Quicken but your bank representative may not know this and mistakenly believe that they do not support Moneydance. Calling up your bank and stating precisely the following should get you started. "Please enable direct connect on my account such that I can connect to your servers directly with Quicken. Also give me the login credentials I need to connect Quicken to this service." You can also enable direct connect online by following these instructions.

Once you are enabled, your user name and password should be the same as the one you use to log into the BoA website. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thanks for your interest in Moneydance!

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

2. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 03 Jun, 2011 01:32 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac