Error Message Received Downloading from Citicards

Jason Koehn

10 Aug, 2009 08:45 PM

When trying to download, I get the message "There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below."

"The error code reported by the server was: 2000 We are unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again later. If the problem persists, contact your Customer Support with reference number 9021."

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago and it was fixed by updating to the latest version of Moneydance. I am running version 2008r4 (640) on Mac OS 10.5.7.

1. 1 Posted by glewbel on 10 Aug, 2009 11:15 PM

Me too, same message for the past couple of days. Any help or advice would be very welcome and timely! Thanks in advance.

2. 2 Posted by glewbel on 10 Aug, 2009 11:22 PM

I've just tried updating from build 640 to build 641 and it does not fix the problem. I cannot get my citicard transactions downloaded. I am still seeing error "2000". This needs to be fixed ASAP, please.

3. 3 Posted by kevin.garber on 10 Aug, 2009 11:49 PM

I'm getting the same message. I did upgrade to Mac OS X 10.5.8 over the weekend. I was initially running build 640, but also upgraded to build 641 without any success.

4. 4 Posted by bosie88 on 11 Aug, 2009 12:06 AM

I'm working on a PC with Vista and have been having a similar problem since this weekend. When I try to download Citicard information into Moneydance, Moneydance stops responding and eventually has to be closed down manually. No error messages - it just crashes the program. No problem with any of my other accounts. Running build 641.

5. 5 Posted by glewbel on 11 Aug, 2009 02:43 PM

I've had to "force-quit" Moneydance on my Mac as a result of this problem, too. It's not just a Windows version issue. I'm running OS 10.5.8 on a 2.93 GHz iMac with 4 GB RAM. Moneydance stops responding, and the program crashes. I don't recall ever seeing this kind of behavior previously with Moneydance, and I've been running it for years on various Macs.

6. 6 Posted by Jason Koehn on 11 Aug, 2009 04:31 PM

I just tried again and now it is working. I haven't changed to another version of Moneydance or done anything else that would have otherwise helped.

7. 7 Posted by Jessica Little on 12 Aug, 2009 04:08 PM

I believe that the problem is on Citicard's side and they may have resolved it. That would explain Jason's sudden ability to connect. Are other still having problems with this?

If problems persist, try calling Citicard Customer Support and referencing the number in the error message (9021).

The crashes some are experiencing are a separate problem. I've filed a bug about it in our bug tracking system so that our developers can take a look at it.

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

8. 8 Posted by kevin.garber on 12 Aug, 2009 04:15 PM

I was able to successfully download my transactions last night. It must have been on Citi's side.

9. 9 Posted by glewbel on 12 Aug, 2009 06:39 PM

Things are working for me, too, so the download problem must have been on Citi's side. However, I still think MD has an issue. It should not lock up or crash when a download is unsuccessful.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac