Math error

nicholasj

15 Aug, 2009 08:31 PM

I downloaded a trial version to make the switch from PC Quicken 2009 to iMac. I had a coiuple of problems I resolved my self, but I have one remaining before I consider a purchase. I have 112 shares of stock @ $7.44, but your program has it at $0.00 with 100% devalue. Wrong! How do I fox this?

1. 1 Posted by Ben Spencer on 18 Aug, 2009 02:17 PM

Hi John

What do you have as the current price for the security? Click Tools->"Edit Securities" and select the security in question and then click the edit button. This will give you a history of the securities market price. You can enter the current price manually by entering a number in the "Current Price" box and then clicking the new button.

If you want the software to automatically update the prices of your securities you need to install two free extensions. Here is a link to the knowledge base article on ho to do this:

http://help.infinitekind.com/faqs/frequently-asked-questions-2/how-...

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

2. 2 Posted by nicholasj on 18 Aug, 2009 04:04 PM

Thank you. That fixed the problem.

I did add the free extensions to update stock prices. Unfortunately,
    the referenced link does not explain how this works. Does it add a
    daily line to my accounts, or does it just display updated totals
    under "Current Balance" of the root account, or something else???

Thanks again.
    John Nicholas

3. 3 Posted by Ben Spencer on 18 Aug, 2009 05:13 PM

Hi John

The extension will download a price history file from the yahoo servers and append it to the price history for each of your securities. The current (most recent) price is used to calculate the value of each of the securities you hold. Which in turn are sumed to calculate the value of each of your investment accounts.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac