Online Download Problem

Bryan

05 Aug, 2011 02:39 AM

Has anybody had luck downloading Wells Fargo checking/savings account transactions? Wells Fargo is one of the Moneydance drop-down options, but I am not able to communicate with the server during on-line updates. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1. 1 Posted by Jessica Little on 05 Aug, 2011 11:51 AM

Hi Bryan,

I'm sorry you're having trouble connecting. It will help me troubleshoot the issue if you could provide me with the exact error message you receive when trying to connect.

Additionally, if you could copy and paste the version information from your error console, that would be very helpful. You can open the error console by going to the Help menu and clicking on the Console Window option. Just copy and paste the first four lines of the console window here.

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by Bryan on 05 Aug, 2011 02:06 PM

Starting Moneydance 2011 (791)
    Settings folder: /Users/bryanherron/.moneydance
    Java: 1.6.0_26 (Apple Inc.)

3. 3 Posted by Bryan on 05 Aug, 2011 07:06 PM

Jessica - I talked to
    wells Hi Joey,

It's seems like Moneydance is having trouble forgetting your old connection information. To fix this, you'll need to force clear all of your current connection information in Moneydance. I'm sending a file called remove_all_services.py that will help do that. Before proceeding, please back up your Moneydance file, just in case something goes wrong. So far, this hasn't caused any problems, but better safe than sorry!

To use the file, first save it to your computer and then follow these steps:

1) In Moneydance, click on the Extensions Menu and choose the Add... option
    2) In the window that pops up, make sure the From Internet option is selected and then click next.
    3) From the list of available extensions, choose the python scripting interface extension, then click Next to download the extension and finish to complete the installation.
    4) Again, click the Extensions menu. This time, choose the Python Interface option.
    5) In the python scripting window, click the read from file button and load the file from whereever you saved it. You won't get any confirmation of anything happening, but you also shouldn't get any error messages. Close the window when done.
    6) Set up the connection to your bank like normal. Since all of your settings have been cleared, you should get the most recent connection information for your bank.

Hopefully, that will work. If it doesn't, let me know and we'll continue troubleshooting.

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

I talked to Wells Fargo and it should work. They use OFX server. I was reading some info on your web site and came across the following discussion from you. Can you please advise. Is there a tel. number I can call you or one of your associates at? I really appreciate it. Bryan

4. Jessica Little closed this discussion on 06 Aug, 2011 12:34 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

27 May, 2024 01:13 AM
27 May, 2024 01:11 AM
27 May, 2024 01:06 AM