Security history window not visible on netbook

stuart

25 Sep, 2011 12:20 PM

I'm currently away on holiday and I'm using Moneydance on my Samsung NC10 without the external monitor that it is usually connected to. I'm trying to add prices for UK unit trusts and OEICs (which are not automatically updated) but when I click on the history button the history window doesn't appear. The blue bar at the top of the screen goes a paler shade of blue and I get an error beep when I click on anything else. It's as if the history window opens but outwith the screen area.

Screen resolution is set to 1024x600 and only the netbook screen is active.

I have the same problem running reports: if I try to adjust the run-time parameters by clicking on "edit" the edit window fails to appear.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 25 Sep, 2011 02:37 PM

Hi Stuart,
    It sounds to me it is as you suspected, that the History window and Edit parameter windows are appearing 'Off Screen'.
    I'm not sure what OS you're running but in Windows, to return a stray window back 'On Screen' you should use the key combo ALT-SPACEBAR. You should then see a pop-up appear in the upper corner of the screen. One of the options in the pop-up is 'Move'. Click on 'Move' and use the LEFT or RIGHT ARROW keys to bring the form back on screen.
    HTH -Kevin N.

2. 2 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 25 Sep, 2011 04:38 PM

Stuart,

Kevin's advice is good- the window is likely displaying off screen because of your normal dual monitor setup. Give the strategy he suggests a try, and if that doesn't work let us know and we'll work on other solutions.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

3. 3 Posted by stuart on 26 Sep, 2011 08:22 AM

Kevin / Angie,
    Many thanks for your prompt responses. Your advice was spot-on and everything is now as it should be. Thanks again!

4. Ben Spencer closed this discussion on 28 Sep, 2011 04:34 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac