Connecting to Prudential Retirement

jim.lesure

02 Sep, 2009 02:12 PM

When trying to connect to Prudential Retirement I am receiving the following error:

There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
Error Description: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error:400 Bad Request

Is it possible the URL has changed? The URL in MS Money is https://retirement.prudential.com

I am running the latest build on WIndows Vista.

1. 1 Posted by Jessica Little on 07 Sep, 2009 02:29 PM

Hi Jim,

I just checked, and the connection information in our database seems to be correct. The error you are getting is frequently caused by a proxy or firewall that stops Moneydance from connecting. Please check your network settings to be sure that your network is not blocking Moneydance.

Please let me know if you continue to have problems connecting. Thanks for using Moneydance!

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by jim.lesure on 07 Sep, 2009 04:04 PM

I am switching from MS Money to MD, MS Money does not ask for an account number when connecting to Prudential so I left it blank. Since this was not working and MD uses Quicken standards I updated the account number in MD using the Quicken format (I found a PDF on the Prudential site that had instructions for setting up Quicken). This worked. Problem solved. The error message was a bit of a red herring though.

3. 3 Posted by Jessica Little on 08 Sep, 2009 07:42 PM

Hi Jim,

I'm glad you got it working. You're right about that error message being not quite accurate in this case. I'll mention that to the head developer.

Please ;let me know if you have any more questions or problems.

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

4. Raimund Buchholz closed this discussion on 02 Feb, 2010 12:17 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac