Online download

Geoff

18 Dec, 2011 11:45 PM

So, I set it up to download transactions on my checking and savings account (both at Chase) and it only downloads the transactions between the two ... not any of the debit transactions / checks / etc.

1. 1 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 18 Dec, 2011 11:53 PM

Geoff,

Well, that's very very odd. I haven't heard of this issue before. My first thought is that there is something odd going on with Chase's servers this weekend- they often do system maintenance then. It would also be helpful for us to know if there are standard checking/savings accounts, or one of Chase's specialized accounts such as linked checking and investment accounts. Let me know and we'll keep digging.

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by Geoff on 19 Dec, 2011 03:03 AM

No, I tried it a few days ago and had the same problem ... so I purchased the software this time and started afresh. Still same deal.

3. 3 Posted by smw2 on 19 Dec, 2011 03:51 PM

I am also suddenly unable to be recognized by the Chase servers (also JP Morgan Chase)
    I was working fine till last night DEC 18.

I duplicated and redid all of the protocols ...no luck

4. 4 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 20 Dec, 2011 05:18 PM

Geoff and Stanley,

It seems that there is a widespread issue with Chase connections in the past few days, and we're working on diagnosing the issue. As soon as we have more information we'll post on this thread with an update. Thanks for your patience as we work to resolve this issue,

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

5. 5 Posted by james f on 20 Dec, 2011 07:20 PM

That's interesting Angie. I bank with Chase and have had no problems downloading transactions lately. My last download was just a few minutes ago.

Question to Geoff and Stanley: Which connection option to Chase did you select when setting up your account with Moneydance? Are you using the JPMORGAN Chase option or the Chase option? In the dropdown menu when setting up your account, there is a listing in the C category for Chase and then there is a listing in the J category for JPMORGAN Chase. They connect to two totally different OFX Direct Connect servers.

6. 6 Posted by Geoff Bray on 20 Dec, 2011 08:24 PM

I used Chase - chase.com

7. 7 Posted by smw2 on 20 Dec, 2011 09:05 PM

I use JP MORGAN CHASE and it has come back on line and works.
    I should have access to CHASE ( according to them) but cant get it to work on moneydance
    All is OK for now with what I've got

Stanley

8. 8 Posted by Roger on 21 Dec, 2011 12:47 AM

I keep getting a blank Message box for certain operations. Using Windows XP with Java 6. I am trying to download transactions from RBC.
    It gives the message "downloading" at the bottom of the screen but when I key in my password I get the box "On Line Error" .
    Thanks for your help

9. 9 Posted by james f on 21 Dec, 2011 08:57 AM

Thank you Stanley.

Geoff: When in Moneydance, how are you choosing to download your account transactions? Are you choosing the "Download All Accounts" option, or are you going into each Bank Account separately and choosing "Download xxxxxx Transactions"?

Roger: What does the entire "Online Error" message read?

10. 10 Posted by Roger on 21 Dec, 2011 02:51 PM

Message Box that popped up did not contain text. I also ran into this issue when trying to add my registration key.
    Later last night I reverted to a 2010 installation and the Message Box then contained text that indicated UserName/Password problems . I will check with my bank on this.

The big thing is that with 2011 I could not read the text in the box but with 2010 I can read it.
    Thanks

11. 11 Posted by Geoff Bray on 21 Dec, 2011 04:10 PM

Lol. There's no error message. Everything works "fine". But the problem is that it only downloads the transfers between my checking and savings account and none of the transactions in my checking account.

12. 12 Posted by Jessica Little on 21 Dec, 2011 04:51 PM

Roger,

That sounds like it might be a Java issue somehow. If you'd like to continue troubleshooting Moneydance 2011, could you start a new discussion? In it, describe the problem and let us know what version of Java you are using, as well as your operating system.

Geoff,

Are your savings transactions downloading correctly?

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

13. 13 Posted by james f on 21 Dec, 2011 08:44 PM

Geoff: When in Moneydance, how are you choosing to download your account transactions? Are you choosing the "Download All Accounts" option, or are you going into the Bank Account separately and choosing "Download xxxxxx Transactions"?

14. 14 Posted by Geoff Bray on 22 Dec, 2011 02:57 PM

Jessica,

I guess so ... there's only transfers to checking and interest payments.

James F,
    I've tried it both ways ... same results ... I get no errors ... it just says that it has downloaded 0 new transactions.

15. 15 Posted by Jessica Little on 22 Dec, 2011 08:42 PM

Hi Geoff,

If you would be willing, could you send me the contents of your error console? Here's how to get the logs:

1) In Moneydance, click on the Help menu and select the Console Window option. This will open the console messages window.
    2) While the Console Window is open, download transactions from your checking account.
    3) Select all of the text in the Console and use the Copy to Clipboard button at the bottom to copy the text.
    4) Paste the text from the message window into a text file (preferably saved with a .txt or .rtf extension) and email that file directly to me at jessica @ moneydance.com.

Do not attach the file to your response here, since this thread is public and the logs will contain your account information. To be safe you should redact any account info in the debug logs. Just replace it with something like ACCOUNT NUMBER HERE and it should be fine.

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

16. 16 Posted by Geoff Bray on 11 Jan, 2012 02:10 PM

Sorry for the delay ... got tied up with the holidays. I've sent you the log you requested.

Thanks,
    Geoff

17. 17 Posted by Jessica Little on 12 Jan, 2012 02:49 PM

Hi Geoff,

It looks like you didn't have the console window open when you downloaded the transactions, so I don't see any in the file. However, based on your second round of downloads (when there were no new transactions), it looks like Moneydance is connecting correctly. My guess is that you're only getting the transfer transactions because that is all your bank is sending. I'm not sure why that is. Are the other transactions in your checking account recent?

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

18. 18 Posted by Geoff Bray on 13 Jan, 2012 08:07 PM

Yes, this is my main checking account and so it has debit card charges, transfers, checks, electronic withdrawls, etc.

I did open the console window and then did the transactions. I can do it again if you would like.

Thanks,
    G

19. 19 Posted by Jessica Little on 13 Jan, 2012 10:21 PM

Hi Geoff,

If you could send logs that include the full OFX information of a download that includes transactions, that would be helpful.

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

20. System closed this discussion on 31 Mar, 2015 03:43 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac