Problems Printing Checks with latest OSX

yardy

31 Mar, 2017 09:35 PM

I have recently update OSX to verion 10.12.4 and now I can't print checks or even do a "test print" or 'calibrate printer'. I have tried disabling the OSX 'share printer' option and then re enabling it. All was well with OSX 10.12. I am running the latest Moneydance 2017.2 (build 1597).

The only way out of this printer hang is to do a force quit.

I have just updated my Mac to 10.12.5 and this printing issue has not changed - still have to wait 5 minutes for checks to print.

1. 1 Posted by Geoffrey Thornb... on 31 Mar, 2017 09:44 PM

Exactly my experience.
    Not good for Tax Season.

2. 2 Posted by tewible on 31 Mar, 2017 09:48 PM

i just applied 10.12.4 last nite, and i am able to print, but it takes many minutes from the time the print button is clicked until the printer dialog comes up (6 mins just now)-: and i'm still waiting for the print2pdf to complete...ah, just now, an additional 4 minutes:-\

unsat...ftr, i am running 2015.7 (1358) reluctant to upgrade because last time, all my transactions were hosed:-\

but everything 10.12.4 is sluggish now:-/

3. 3 Posted by yardy on 01 Apr, 2017 12:08 AM

OK, I tried waiting Much Much longer and yes it prints. So not dead in the water, but……

4. 4 Posted by Ian O on 01 Apr, 2017 11:31 AM

Hi All,

Sorry to hear of the issue you have encountered. I can confirm that we have replicated the issue described and we are currently looking into a fix. It does seem that once print is selected, if you wait a very long time you will eventually be able to print. The length of time I have experienced on my own system would not make this a viable workaround so we're looking into this issue and we hope to resolve this as quickly as possible.

I'd like to apologise for the inconvenience caused, I understand many customer rely on the ability to print out hard copies of their reports.

There's an existing ticket in our ticketing system regarding this issue, so I've attached it to this discussion and the developers will be looking into it. You will be notified via this thread when a fix has been implemented.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

5. 5 Posted by tewible on 02 Apr, 2017 03:09 PM

"existing ticket in our ticketing system regarding this issue, so I've attached it to this discussion"

not

6. 6 Posted by Margaret on 02 Apr, 2017 03:51 PM

I am having the same problem over five minutes to print.

7. 7 Posted by grnchile on 03 Apr, 2017 10:19 AM

It's not just 10.12.4. I also saw this problem on 10.12.3 a few weeks ago while trying to print reports. I've been working around for reports by saving as HTML and then printing from the browser. Not much good for checks, unfortunately.

8. 8 Posted by rnmcdowell on 04 Apr, 2017 01:19 PM

I trust this issue is getting priority attention. I had to wait over 5 minutes this morning to get checks to print which is highly frustrating! It's clear everyone is having this problem.

9. 9 Posted by jonh on 04 Apr, 2017 08:17 PM

Posting here so I hopefully will be added to any notification by Infinite Kind Support when the problem is fixed. It's been broken since v2015.8 (1299). I cannot see any point in purchasing the update until is works properly.

10. 10 Posted by Barbara Shelesk... on 05 Apr, 2017 03:48 PM

Has anyone heard anything on when printing checks and reports will become available
    with MoneyDance? I heard they are working on it but that was days ago.

11. 11 Posted by rnmcdowell on 05 Apr, 2017 05:47 PM

I use my Moneydance account for check printing regularly and especially at the beginning of each month, so the fact that there is still no fix to this issue is becoming exceedingly frustrating! Where are we on a resolution?

12. 12 Posted by jac on 07 Apr, 2017 12:13 PM

I am having the same problem with reports except waiting does not help. It simply will not print. Need to get reports to my CPA for taxes so am using the copy to clipboard and the Save to HTMA options, but these not satisfactory and require formatting adjustments.

13. 13 Posted by Barbara on 09 Apr, 2017 04:30 PM

Ian, please give us an update on what progress has been made. This is becoming
    an unacceptable issue.

14. 14 Posted by eliot.nierman on 09 Apr, 2017 04:34 PM

This is not just an issue with reports (can get around that by saving report as html and opening with a browser- chrome works better than safari for that) but more importantly checks. The update does not fix the problem. If this is not fixed within the week (would be 3 weeks that Moneydance has known about the issue) I need to switch after years to another program. What is experience exporting data and opening in Quicken?

15. 15 Posted by B & R Shelesky on 09 Apr, 2017 04:46 PM

Totally agree with you. I am very disappointed in the support or lack of that we are receiving.
    I would also be interested in what Quicken is all about.

16. 16 Posted by eliot.nierman on 09 Apr, 2017 05:19 PM

There may be a temporary work around. Based on what someone else suggested if you get the rainbow spinning wheel and let it go for a few minutes (took me at least 5 minutes) my checks printed and the app became functional again. Maybe this can give support come clues as to what the issue is.

I guess I can live with that for a short time but this should be the highest priority to fix

Eliot

17. 17 Posted by eliot.nierman on 09 Apr, 2017 05:20 PM

There may be a temporary work around. Based on what someone else suggested if you get the rainbow spinning wheel and let it go for a few minutes (took me at least 5 minutes) my checks printed and the app became functional again. Maybe this can give support come clues as to what the issue is.

I guess I can live with that for a short time but this should be the highest priority to fix

Eliot

18. 18 Posted by rnmcdowell on 09 Apr, 2017 05:24 PM

For what we have invested in this software, the response time of Infinite Kind is abysmal. Yes, my checks will eventually print, but this isn’t acceptable and it’s difficult to understand why a fix hasn’t been forthcoming for almost three weeks now!

Ian, we all want some answers, or at that very least a progress report. The continued lack of any information is not an acceptable or appropriate level of customer service.

Bob

19. 19 Posted by eliot.nierman on 09 Apr, 2017 05:26 PM

I agree. Just working on it is not enough and since the end of March for a known mission critical issue is a long time without a fix

20. 20 Posted by jac on 09 Apr, 2017 10:10 PM

<<<What is experience exporting data and opening in Quicken?>>>
    I used Quicken for Mac about 10 years ago. Cant remember all the problems but it was a mess. That was when I switched to Moneydance. Have loved it ever since. But now with this problem and not much encouraging news coming from IK I am beginning to wonder if it is worth looking at Quicken for Mac again. You would think that surely Intuit must have gotten their Mac act together by now.

21. 21 Posted by yardy on 09 Apr, 2017 10:23 PM

Despite being extremely frustrated that IK is not taking this seriously enough to even post a progress report, I would NEVER go back to Quicken for Mac. It was a disaster 8 years ago when I left it and friends who still run it tell me it has not improved.

What really frustrates me is there is now way for us to ping Support or even call them to put a fire under them.

Come on Ian O you can do better than this.

22. 22 Posted by grnchile on 09 Apr, 2017 11:52 PM

<<<You would think that surely Intuit must have gotten their Mac act together by now.>>>

You'd think so, but no. Intuit sold Quicken to a private equity firm early last year. The new owner has promised to invest in bringing the Mac version closer to the Windows version in terms of features, but they admitted at the time that they had a long way to go. It looks from reviews on the Mac App Store that they're not there yet.

23. 23 Posted by jac on 10 Apr, 2017 12:13 AM

Well that takes away the Quicken option. Anything else out there? What a pity because MD wasn't perfect but it was working pretty much as you would expect. But I need something a little more reliable and efficient now. Printing reports to html and then Safar or chrome, and then printing is just a crazy way to get stuff out. Especially at tax time. Not to mention the check problem.

24. 24 Posted by Don Hodapp on 10 Apr, 2017 05:05 PM

Well, I'm not alone - the whole Moneydance community is suffering. Hope they fix it soon.

25. 25 Posted by wwclick on 10 Apr, 2017 08:02 PM

I too am experiencing the same issue after installing he latest version of Sierra on my Mac. After thinking Moneydance had crashed/frozen, I've force quit the app, rebooted numerous times and still was not able to print.

After reading this forum before posting the problem I decided to be patient and see if the checks would eventually print... THEY DID! The delay took at least 5 to 10 minutes to get to my Epson dialog box and another 3-5 minutes to actually print the check but they did print!

Looking forward to an update soon to fix the problem.

26. 26 Posted by B & R Shelesky on 10 Apr, 2017 08:23 PM

Is that called Luck…. I have done the waiting and hoping game to no avail!
    I don’t understand why there isn’t some communication for Ian O!!!

27. 27 Posted by eliot.nierman on 10 Apr, 2017 08:31 PM

Unless the spinning beachball comes up I am not sure waiting works

Sent from my iPhone

28. 28 Posted by Bob Hovey on 10 Apr, 2017 08:56 PM

Has anyone tried loading their current MD file on an older version of MD / Mac?

My second Mac is running a previous version of MD on El Capitan I did not go to Sierra on that machine since it is over 5 years old and Mac says they are no longer updating that vintage.

We got this problem you describe when we bought a new Mini running Sierra.

Bob

29. 29 Posted by ronstein on 10 Apr, 2017 09:21 PM

Infinite Kind team ... any updates you can give us on this? It would be really appreciated... Thanks!

Ron

30. 30 Posted by johncalabrese on 10 Apr, 2017 09:53 PM

I also reported this problem 10 days ago after upgrading to 10.12.4. It would really be helpful for IK to provide some type of update as to their progress. Printing checks and reports is a critical function.

I really would hate to have to go back to Quicken. MD is a great program, but we do need the capability to print.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac