Problems Printing Checks with latest OSX

yardy

31 Mar, 2017 09:35 PM

I have recently update OSX to verion 10.12.4 and now I can't print checks or even do a "test print" or 'calibrate printer'. I have tried disabling the OSX 'share printer' option and then re enabling it. All was well with OSX 10.12. I am running the latest Moneydance 2017.2 (build 1597).

The only way out of this printer hang is to do a force quit.

I have just updated my Mac to 10.12.5 and this printing issue has not changed - still have to wait 5 minutes for checks to print.

Showing page 3 out of 6. View the first page

1. 61 Posted by pbuchta on 21 Apr, 2017 01:24 AM

I think that MoneyDance handles printing differently than some other apps.

2. 62 Posted by Don Hodapp on 21 Apr, 2017 01:27 AM

All this going back and forth is great! The first losers in this fiasco are Moneydance's customers, the second loser is Moneydance. Nobody is going to leave Apple because of Moneydance, some may leave Moneydance because of this issue. MD’s silence and lack of ability to fix what should be a rather routine problem causes serious lack of respect for MD.

3. 63 Posted by Robert Hovey on 21 Apr, 2017 02:29 AM

The save function works from the expense summary reports. Can that be used as the first step in a one button alternative batch print program less cumbersome than what we have seen so far?

Sent from my iPhone
    Bob Hovey
    404-333-1598

4. 64 Posted by B & R Shelesky on 21 Apr, 2017 04:47 PM

In total agreement with you!
    They should begin with communication not just a token note saying they are still trying.

5. 65 Posted by ciaran on 25 Apr, 2017 03:34 AM

Still waiting... this is getting seriously old.

6. 66 Posted by Don Hodapp on 26 Apr, 2017 04:25 PM

Please! Infinite KInd, be kind, give us some kind of update as to if and/or when you're going to fix the issue.

7. 67 Posted by rnmcdowell on 26 Apr, 2017 05:39 PM

Ian,

We’re working on a month now. I can say that I bought my first computer, an Apple IIc in 1985. I’ve had Apple’s and numerous Window’s machines over the years since then, and both native and third party apps. And I have never experienced a “fix” for a software program you should have been aware of when Sierra was in beta and out to developers, that has taken this long. It’s time to at the very least let users know what we can expect!!

Bob

8. 68 Posted by Barbara Shelesk... on 26 Apr, 2017 06:53 PM

Seems like it's pretty bad when you almost have to beg for an update!
    Enough time has passed to have come up with a solution!

Sent from my iPad. Barbara

9. 69 Posted by Lisa Cohen on 21 May, 2017 05:29 PM

I also have a mac. This is the first time I have had to print checks in a month and can't seem to print anything.. click the print button and nothing happens.. is there a way around this? I have tried to contact support but there is no response. Please help.. I have 20 checks to print each month
    Someone please help!

10. 70 Posted by yardy on 21 May, 2017 05:54 PM

Lisa, I am not a Moneydance support person - just a user like you suffering from print problems. Just click the print button and wait - up to 5 or 6 minutes - then the print driver will pop-up and you can go ahead and print. This bug has been in Moneydance since Apple released OS X 10.12.4 and the recent 10.12.5 and Moneydance has spent 6 weeks plus not getting a fix in place and not informing the user community of progress. So patience is the word of the day.

Ray

11. 71 Posted by GEOFFREY THORNB... on 21 May, 2017 07:06 PM

Go through the usual PRINT routine and then wait 5 or 6 minutes and the checks will probably be printed.
    An extremely poor situation and was not changed by the latest Mac software upgrade.
    The company obviously does not know how to write software. No other program I use has ever had a printing problem. Difficult to understand.

PATIENCE may work. Months already!

Best, Geoff.

12. 72 Posted by dwg on 21 May, 2017 09:33 PM

There are so many threads on this particular issue that I suspect IK missed this one with their latest update on the issue.

This update can be found here as well as many other places

http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/problems/30293-moneydance-...

I think IK should have ensured that only one thread remained open on this problem and pointed all users towards it.

13. 73 Posted by Bob Hovey on 21 May, 2017 09:47 PM

dwg, thank you for the link
    to 5242

Bob Hovey

14. 74 Posted by sth on 21 May, 2017 10:08 PM

@Geoffrey, there is great frustration here. I feel for the developer who has been pushed to sandbox the application so that it can be sold on the App store. They are also pushed to Java for cross platform reasons. Both of these make sales enough that MD is possible.

However now the 10.12.4 update broke the printing and according to the link made it impossible to fix. I get this problem all the time of some new security feature breaking something that worked previously. But ultimately security is good.

It is disheartening to know that Apple did not get this fix in the 10.12.5 system as you imply. I do also wish that IK developers had communicated more rapidly about the problem. I should hear that 10.12.5 does not work from them rather than from users such as yourself.

15. 75 Posted by rnmcdowell on 23 May, 2017 06:26 PM

Thanks for the point to this update…..now another two weeks have gone by with apparently little progress. That said, the IK update point the finger at Apple. The only thing I can add to that is that no other application I have has a similar printing problem. IK needs to get serious about this and fix it in their software. Its been months now and hard to imagine why they haven’t developed a fix as yet.

Bob

16. 76 Posted by GEOFFREY THORNB... on 23 May, 2017 11:53 PM

NOT “days”
    Weeks.
    Possibly months.

Geoff.

17. 77 Posted by tewible on 24 May, 2017 12:28 PM

"This bug has been in Moneydance since Apple released OS X 10.12.4 and the recent 10.12.5 "

NO, the bug is in osx, NOT moneydance, and IK is at the mercy of apple...the problem is in the java sandbox, which is apple's problem...apple broke it, only apple can fix it, so tell apple to fix it:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/macos.html
    subject: java printing sandbox broken
    Feedback Type: bug report
    Feedback Area: printing
    comment:
    since osx 10.12.4beta, the java app moneydance has experienced 5-10minute delays from the time the print button is clicked until the print dialog comes up, then further delays until printing occurs, making the app unresponsive.

FIX IT ALREADY!!!!

18. 78 Posted by rnmcdowell on 24 May, 2017 12:31 PM

Before I pounce on Apple, help me understand why no other app I have has a printing problem? And is Moneydance using an outdated approach to printing they just don’t want to address?

19. 79 Posted by tewible on 24 May, 2017 01:12 PM

as i have stated, moneydance is a JAVA app, which is TOTALLY dependent on the JMV that apple provides in the OS, so it is up to apple to FIX IT

20. 80 Posted by yardy on 24 May, 2017 01:34 PM

It seems to me that we, the users, can rant all we want but we can really only rely on Moneydance support to work with Apple to develop a solution. If some users are programmers and know JAVA etc. that may be interesting but unless Moneydance or Apple invites them to work with them to fix the issue, we are just letting off steam. What is totally appalling to me is the lack feedback from MD. Yes I know a response was posted on a separate problem ticket but one had to search for that. Given the number of users affected, one would have thought MD would be keen to keep us fully informed.

21. 81 Posted by rnmcdowell on 24 May, 2017 01:58 PM

Yardy,

I agree with you completely! I’m not a techie and I don’t really care who needs to fix the Java problem. I only know it’s been months with little communication from Infinite Kind on a problem that shouldn’t take this long to resolve. In the meantime for those of us who depend on this program and paid good money for it, this is just unacceptable. Whether it’s an Apple issue or a Moneydance issue or both shouldn’t be the issue for the end user!

22. 82 Posted by tewible on 24 May, 2017 03:33 PM

ok, allow me to vent some steam: expecting ik to fix an apple problem is like asking the electoral college to fulfill its constitutional duty to prevent the office of President from falling "to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications.

"Talents for low intrigue, and the little arts of popularity, may alone suffice to elevate a man to the first honors . . . ; but it will require other talents, and a different kind of merit, to establish him in the esteem and confidence of the whole Union, or of so considerable a portion of it as would be necessary to make him a successful candidate for the distinguished office of President of the United States.”

-Alexander Hamilton’s Federalist Paper 68

23. 83 Posted by Don Hodapp on 24 May, 2017 03:39 PM

Sorry, buy this is not the forum for you to vent your political opinions.

24. 84 Posted by rnmcdowell on 09 Jun, 2017 05:14 PM

Well, here we are in June with a problem that has been known to Infinite Kind long before this thread began in March and there’s no fix! What’s even more frustrating is the incredible lack of communication from IK during this period. I can’t even get a direct response from them. Lets be clear, I can still print checks, but the wait for that to happen is not something I want to live with. Out of sheer frustration about the lack of a fix and as importantly the apparently cavalier attitude of the developer, I will be looking for other alternatives.

Bob

25. 85 Posted by Barbara Shelesk... on 09 Jun, 2017 05:35 PM

My feelings exactly...please let me know what alternative you have found. I can't continue to wait any longer for a fix. I can't print any checks at all. It was definitely a struggle during tax season.

Sent from my iPad. Barbara

26. 86 Posted by -Kevin N. on 09 Jun, 2017 06:32 PM

Hi All,

Here's a link to the latest response from MD support staffer Jenny:
    http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/problems/30293-moneydance-...

-Kevin N.
    (not a member of MD support(

27. 87 Posted by Salina on 17 Jun, 2017 02:56 PM

I bought 2017 program. Printing doesn't work. Kindly tell me when it is fixed and how to proceed.

28. 88 Posted by rnmcdowell on 21 Jun, 2017 03:30 PM

Just a note to all of you who continue to wait on Infinite Kind to get this
    issue resolved. I’ve moved on and signed up for Banktivity which I must
    say is in many ways a much improved experience. My data transferred
    perfectly from Moneydance, and the few questions I’ve had have been
    answered by the support folks on a chat screen in minutes. So all in all a
    very different and welcome experience from that I’ve experienced from
    Infinite Kind over the past months.

Bob

29. 89 Posted by jonh on 21 Jun, 2017 07:23 PM

Bob:
    Thanks for the recommendation, unfortunately, this is Apple only. For those of us who use MD because it is cross-platform this is a non-starter. It apparently does not work on my Linux box.

30. 90 Posted by rnmcdowell on 21 Jun, 2017 07:28 PM

jonH

That is true, and perhaps that’s why it works so seamlessly on the Mac.
    Sorry this can’t be a solution for all. I tried out a couple of others,
    including Quicken which does have cross platform versions, but Banktivity
    has been functionality all around than any of the alternatives.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

15 Jul, 2019 10:51 PM
15 Jul, 2019 10:49 PM
15 Jul, 2019 10:40 PM