entering a transfer record

ming

21 Oct, 2009 04:20 AM

after migrating from ms money to moneydance (still running trial license as i want to make sure everything's working first), i'm having problems with this one transfer of a stock from one investment account to another. basically, in the old account where i'm transferring the stock of 200 shares, it's showing 168 shares and i'm not allowed to update to 200 shares. however, in the other side (account being transferred to), it's showing 200 shares. so problem 1 is that i can't update the shares in the from account. the other is that i figured i would just delete the record and add a new one but when trying to add a new transfer record, it wouldn't let me change the security name. please help. thanks in advance.

1. 1 Posted by ming on 22 Oct, 2009 03:56 AM

i've figured it out. txf's are for cash and not specific stocks. at least you can't manually enter it that way. somehow when i migrated and imported the ms money qif file, MD translated the transfer of the stock from one account to another not as cash but as a transfer. strange.

2. Brian Adler closed this discussion on 04 Nov, 2009 03:33 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac