How can I manually match an imported transaction?

rbauer11

03 Dec, 2009 01:27 PM

I've searched the board and web and didn't find anything related to this. Sorry if I missed something.

When I import my investment transactions from an OFX file, MoneyDance does not find the matching transaction in the register and does not allow me to select the matching transaction. The little drop down box says 'New Transaction (No Match)' and has no other selections in it. When I try to select the matching transaction from the register view, nothing happens. Looking at the transaction information, everything is the same, date, price, stock, action, etc.

I thought it may be a problem having to do with a manually entered the transaction, so I imported a transaction and then re-imported the same OFX file, again, it would not match any transactions, even the one I had imported from the file.

I'm using MoneyDance 2008r4 (640) on openSUSE 11.1 and Java 1.6.0_13

1. 1 Posted by John Selden on 03 Dec, 2009 03:22 PM

My understanding is that investment accounts currently have no transaction matching functionality at all. Not sure why that is. I don't know whether that is slated to change in the 2010 version soon to be released.

2. 2 Posted by Brian Adler on 04 Jan, 2010 03:47 PM

I apologize for the delay in replying to you John and rbauer. Transaction matching functionality is currently not a part of investment accounts. We do not currently have plans to implement this.

Brian

Moneydance Support

3. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2011 07:09 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac