new category popup keeps happening in register

Dan Hanger

13 Jan, 2019 02:09 PM

Windows 7
MD 2017.10

I don't know what I did but now I have a small but annoying problem. When entering transactions in a register and tabbing through, when I get to the category entry it nearly always pops up with the new category box (see attached). What's really annoying is that even though the escape key is right next to the tab key it doesn't do anything and now I have to reach for the mouse to dismiss it.

Any ideas?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 13 Jan, 2019 03:09 PM

Hello,

I'm not able to duplicate this on my test system. To clarify, does this window appear immediately after tabbing from the description field to the category field? Or are there extra key presses somewhere in there?

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by Dan Hanger on 13 Jan, 2019 03:58 PM

Ethan, I think I found the solution, and possibly what caused it. I discovered that all the accounts had re-set the default category to the one at the top of the list of categories, which happened to be marked inactive (which was correct). Once I re-set the default to an active category the problem disappeared.

Recently I had to do a restore from backup and maybe that's what caused the category re-set?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ethan on 13 Jan, 2019 04:16 PM

Hello,

I'm glad to hear you figured that out! I don't think I've ever seen that particular issue before. I believe things like the default category for accounts should be saved in backups, but that is a possible candidate for why that happened. If the problem re-emerges, let us know and we can try to figure out what's happening.

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

4. 4 Posted by Dan Hanger on 13 Jan, 2019 09:06 PM

I had done some other housekeeping at the same time (cleaning up over 20 years' worth of data) so it could be anything. That was just the first thing that came to mind.

5. System closed this discussion on 14 Apr, 2019 09:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac