v2019.0 (1847) Prevent bank transfers showing up as income and expense in the graph

CSmith

17 Jan, 2019 03:18 AM

I usually have direct deposit and most of it goes into the savings account. However, I occasionally transfer money from savings to checking account, or to another external account (bank, Roth, etc).

If these are categorized as Bank:Transfer (expense or income), they show up in the Income and Expense Graphs. Shouldn't there be a third option other than "expense" or "income" in Categories such that it doesn't show up in the Income and Expense graphs? Note that I can see when transferring funds to pay the mortgage would be considered an expense but is considered as Bills:Mortgage instead...

Is there a way to make this happen with the current version?

Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 17 Jan, 2019 03:45 AM

I'm a fellow User.

A transfer would not normally be expected to have a category. In the category field you would specify the account the money is going to and that would in turn create the entry in the other account automatically.

2. 2 Posted by mhoggie on 17 Jan, 2019 03:45 AM

just a user,

I think on both graph and text reports there is an option to show or not show transfers to or from non-source accounts. I think that is how you avoid counting those transfers as income or expenses

3. 3 Posted by Csmith on 17 Jan, 2019 07:38 PM

Dwg,

Thanks, I assumed that all entries are required to have a category. I will go back and leave "Category" blank on transfers.

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 17 Jan, 2019 08:03 PM

You cannot leave the category blank, it is simply not possible.

The heading for the field would be more accurate if it said Category/Account. The field must either contain a category for the transaction or an account the money is being transferred to.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ethan on 17 Jan, 2019 09:56 PM

For a slightly more detailed explanation of how to enter transfers with a few screenshots, please see: http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/register-and-transactions/transfers...

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

6. System closed this discussion on 18 Apr, 2019 10:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac