Reconcile window too large

RobS

10 Feb, 2019 11:35 PM

Running the 2019 release on WIndows 10.

When I open a reconcile window, I drag it to the left of the screen, which Windows automatically resizes to fill the left half of the screen. I then open the statement I'm using in the other half of the screen.

Since installing the 2019 release, dragging the reconcile window to the side does not resize it to fill half of the screen, it takes at least two thirds of the screen and when I try to manually resize it by dragging the right hand side of the window to the left, the window will not reduce in size by any appreciable amount. I cannot get it smaller than about two thirds of the screen.

This means there is not enough space to open another document along side it.

Has anyone else come across this?

1. 1 Posted by LarryW on 12 Feb, 2019 05:33 PM

I posted a similar problem with the reconcile window in that t takes up too much space and I have to resize it and it doesn't remember the resizing for next time. In my case I resize to a smaller box so I can check my banks web page. I have noticed that I can't make it as small as 2017 as far as I remember.

2. 2 Posted by RobS on 12 Feb, 2019 06:16 PM

Hi LarryW,

Sounds like the same issue, though in the 2017 version I never kept it at it's opening size; I always dragged it to one size and relied on Windows to auto size it to fill exactly half of the screen, which it did easily.

And whilst I don't want my bank's website open as well, I do want a pdf of the latest statement from the bank open at the same time, so same principle.

In the 2019 release, do you find that at its smallest, the reconcile window takes the majority of the screen width, making looking at a second window difficult?

RobS

3. 3 Posted by RobS on 19 Feb, 2019 10:57 PM

Any chance of a response to this issue?

Thanks,

RobS

4. 4 Posted by RobS on 20 Mar, 2019 07:54 PM

Is anyone from Moneydance reading this?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Tom Freeman on 22 Mar, 2019 03:02 PM

I am sorry for the large response from support staff. I queried our lead developer. He said he limited the resizing because when it is resized too far the credits panel disappears. A number of users were expressing concerns about this.

I have paused on your feedback.

Tom Freeman
    Infinite Kind Support

6. 6 Posted by RobS on 22 Mar, 2019 04:17 PM

Thanks for the explanation Tom.

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment behind the change, I would suggest that this moves things too far the other way, because it means the document used for reconciling cannot be displayed on screen alongside the reconcile window.

Would it be possible to retain a minimum window size for the reconcile window, but make that minimum size a little narrower than it currently is, to remove the problem I've outlined?

Thanks,

RobS

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Tom Freeman on 22 Mar, 2019 04:55 PM

I have passed it on the the lead developer. He did seem opposed to the idea of allowing more latitude in window size. I will post when i get more from him.

Tom Freeman
    Infinite Kind Support

8. 8 Posted by RobS on 22 Mar, 2019 06:10 PM

Thanks Tom,

I hope he reconsiders as having to continually switch from one window to another for each transaction during a reconciliation is a bit of a pain.

RobS

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Sean Reilly on 23 Mar, 2019 03:16 PM

Hi Rob,
    Thanks for your input on this. I didn't even realise it was a problem until you brought it up. I've reduced the minimum size of the window, so the next update will allow a much narrower and shorter window. This change will be included in Moneydance 2019.2 build 1862 which will be on the preview site soon: https://infinitekind.com/preview

Thanks!

Sean Reilly
    Developer, The Infinite Kind
    http://infinitekind.com

10. 10 Posted by RobS on 23 Mar, 2019 04:20 PM

Hi Sean.

Many thanks for making this change. It's great to use a program where developers are so reactive to users feedback.

It's really appreciated.

RobS

11. 11 Posted by RobS on 04 Apr, 2019 06:21 PM

I've just downloaded 1862 and the reconcile window resizes perfectly.

Many thanks for making this change

RobS

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac