Rollback Child Categories in Home Page Budget Display Does Not Work in MD 2010

avp2

12 Dec, 2009 04:07 AM

I assume the "rollback child categories" setting in the Home page budget display is to show only top level parent categories. If so, this function does not work for me in MD 2010 build 723 under mac OS X 10.4.11. In fact, checking, or not, the box for this does not seem to do anything.

It would be really nice to be able to only show top-level parents in the budget display.

1. 1 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 23 Dec, 2009 01:07 AM

If you are not using the most recent version (2010 build 730), please update to that version. You can download the update here. This update has resolved a few key issues our users have been experiencing. Please let me know if your issue persists and we will look into other solutions.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance.

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by avp2 on 23 Dec, 2009 05:12 PM

Using build 731.

3. 3 Posted by mnc on 26 Dec, 2009 07:29 PM

Okay, this is broken for me but in a very different way..

When I launch Moneydance, the budget bars section is shown on the home page. (And it works in rolling up the subcategories when the prefernce for rolling-up subcategories is set).

When I go to any other view (like an account), and return to the home page, the budget bars are gone. I have to quit and restart, or re-add the section from preferences, for the budget bars to reappear. But if I move to another page and come back, once again they are gone.

Also -- the "roll-up" functionality is still very much broken in the "Budgets" reports -- a category does NOT show the summary for its subcategories no matter what preference option is set. Is this how it is supposed to work? I can't find an option specifically for the Budgets section that turns roll-up on and off.

Thanks!

4. 4 Posted by avp2 on 28 Dec, 2009 02:38 AM

Now that I have build 734, I see the same Home page budget bars disappearing thing (I had not noticed it before). However, "rollup children" still does not work and I do not even see that preference in "edit" on a budget report.

Running mac OS X 10.4.11 with J2SE5.

5. 5 Posted by rbuck on 15 Jan, 2010 04:50 PM

ya, budget bars need work. Cool idea and we are using them, so please address the rollup. Also, the removing of the "not in budget" ones is very buggy as well. I finally had to go into the settings of the budget bars to remove categories I didnt want to display, problem is from that view you can't see which ones you want to remove, so I had to open notepad and jot down all the ones i wanted to remove, then go into the budget bars settings to remove them. Software should make my life easier, not harder.

6. Jon Hoover closed this discussion on 20 Jan, 2010 10:21 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac