Purchase but the software doesn't recognize the key

Dara

25 Mar, 2019 08:00 PM

I downloaded the 2017 version, is that why it won't recognize the key?

1. 1 Posted by TonyRI on 25 Mar, 2019 08:05 PM

If you just purchased the Key, it would be for the 2019 version:

https://infinitekind.com/download-moneydance-personal-finance-software

Tony (Not from Moneydance Support)

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 25 Mar, 2019 08:06 PM

I'm a fellow user.

If you just purchased a key it will not work with Moneydance 2017. Keys are valid with the current version and the next major version they are not backward compatible.

3. 3 Posted by Dara on 25 Mar, 2019 08:10 PM

I couldn't upload my quicken files to the new version one account at a time, so I downloaded the older version. I have worked many many many hours to get my data imported to this version. Can I upgrade? Please don't tell me I have to start all over again.

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 25 Mar, 2019 08:16 PM

You should be able to upgrade from MD2017 to MD2019.

5. 5 Posted by Dara on 25 Mar, 2019 08:20 PM

So, I backed up from this 2017 version. I have downloaded the "free sample" of this version and was going to try to restore from the 2017 backup but I'm not sure that will work.

6. 6 Posted by dwg on 25 Mar, 2019 08:36 PM

By all means take a backup using MD 2017 but do not use the backup for the upgrade it just makes it too complex.

Put the 2017 generated data backup in safe place, install MD2019 and let it open your data file, it should do so and you can then check it. all should be well - you only use the 2017 generated backup if you needed to go back to that version - you should also be able to enter your key into MD2019 to unlock the transaction limit.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac