I posted this on March 30. It is now April 5th and no response at all from MD staff. In the past I have had very good luck with support response. So this seems a change for the worse and that is disappointing.
Similar problem here. The net worth reported on the summary page in the top left is correct (a six-digit figure). The net worth reported in the graph element in the header of the page says I have -$58,000,000. I don't have securities so that can't be the problem.
Well, I found some of the pricing issues in some records of institutional CD's that I wouldn't normally consider to be securities but MD does. Another thing I eventually noticed is that the Net Worth computation shown on the summary page correctly ignores non-active accounts. However, in the net asset report, I have to carefully remove any accounts that are non-active. I also had to add in a new account that was active.
I'm not from MD Support, I'm another MD customer. Can each of you post the version/build number of Moneydance that you are using (Help > About Moneydance).
It will help to know if you are working with stable, or beta builds, same/different versions of MD.
And I am on 2017.10 (1706). I tried migrating to the later version and encountered a number of niggling issues. So went back to this. It is interesting to know that simply a later version is not the silver bullet to this issue.