Chase Credit Card Download Issues

captainjrl

14 Dec, 2009 01:24 AM

I keep getting the following error when trying to download transactions for a couple of different Chase Credit cards. Was getting the same error with the 2008 version and am still getting it with the 2010 version. My downloads used to work but stopped about 4-6 weeks ago.

"There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

There was an error communicating with the server. This could be the result of a network problem, or the server may be offline or not responding. Please try the operation again later."

1. 1 Posted by ls on 16 Dec, 2009 12:02 AM

Same problem here, with 2008 and 2010. Using Mac OS X.

2. 2 Posted by Jessica Little on 16 Dec, 2009 03:41 PM

Hi,

We've updated our connection information for Chase, so you should be able to connect now. You will need to disable your current connection to your bank and then recreate it using the New Connection button on the Online Banking Setup screen. To do so, you can follow these steps:

1) Select your bank account in Moneydance
    2) Select the Online->Setup Online Banking button/menu
    3) Click the "Disable" button
    4) Select the Online->Setup Online Banking button/menu (again)
    5) Click the "New Connection" button and select your bank and hit OK
    6) Continue with the setup process, entering your username/password
    7) Repeat steps 1-6 for each account

Make sure you pick new connection, even though your bank is still one of the connection choices after you disable it. Choosing your bank from the list of available banks will force Moneydance to download the updated information, which should then allow you to connect.

Please let me know if you continue to have connection problems after recreating your connection.

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

3. 3 Posted by chris on 16 Dec, 2009 04:56 PM

Thanks! Works like a charm.

- Lanse Stover

4. 4 Posted by jeremy on 13 Jan, 2010 12:50 AM

I'm afraid this isn't working for me. I can get all my bank accounts and other credit cards fine....but the Chase isn't working even after following these steps.

5. 5 Posted by Jessica Little on 13 Jan, 2010 04:32 PM

Hi Jeremy,

Most financial institutions will require you to enable your accounts for application-based online banking. If you have your financial institution set up your account as if you were using Quicken 2008 for Windows then it should also work with Moneydance since they use the same protocol. This is sometimes necessary as many banks don't yet recognize Moneydance or know how to deal with it.

Additionally, application-based online banking often requires a different login/PIN than the ones that are used for ATM or web-based banking. When you enable your account for access from Moneydance or Quicken, your financial institution should let you know what customer ID/login and PIN to use.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance!

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

6. 6 Posted by Jeremy West on 14 Jan, 2010 03:29 AM

*Dear Jessica,

This is what I found on the chase website after doing a search:

To download account activity for free*

You may log on to Chase Online and download your account activity into your
    financial management software at no fee. To do so, click on Activity for
    your account, and then click Download Account Activity.

*Note: Online balances for these services are current only through the prior
    Business Day. In addition, the Wire Transfer, Tax Payment and Direct Deposit
    Payroll services and personal account linkage available through Chase Online
    SM for Business are not available with these other online banking services.*

So, putting two and two together...I signed online to my chase account -
    clicked 'account' - then on the right is a 'see more options' tab that shows
    you 'download account activity'. In the choice of format I chose Quicken.

It seems to have worked. We'll see if it's everything I needed...but it's
    more than I had.
    Thanks,

7. 7 Posted by Jessica Little on 17 Jan, 2010 04:50 PM

Hi Jeremy,

Glad to hear it's working for you now. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

8. Raimund Buchholz closed this discussion on 12 May, 2010 02:28 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac