Transaction downloads from Citi credit card stopped working.

Dave Cox

30 Apr, 2019 04:04 PM

I've been doing this successfully since 2016. Sometime after 04/08/2019, I've started getting 'HTTP Error:400 Bad Request' errors every time. I've gotten these errors in the past, but they've always cleared fairly quickly.

1. 1 Posted by TonyRI on 30 Apr, 2019 04:15 PM

Hi Dave,

Someone else had reported that same error. I had replied to the OP (and I just re-checked my Citi Connection, which still works), but he never responded.

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/online-banking/13002...

I'm not sure if recreating the connection would help, or not. Since there are now 2 reports, perhaps it is more than just coincidence.

Regards,

Tony (NOT from Moneydance Support)

2. 2 Posted by Dave Cox on 30 Apr, 2019 04:40 PM

Thanks Tony,

I was sort of hoping to see if this was happening to anyone else.

3. 3 Posted by Dave Cox on 30 Apr, 2019 05:13 PM

Another tidbit: The last transaction I successfully d/l'd was 04/08, the closing date for the last statement. Maybe something changed.

4. 4 Posted by TonyRI on 30 Apr, 2019 05:45 PM

Hmm...

Just wondering if you see the same information on the Online Banking Service screen that I see when you:

First select the Citi Account, then go to "Online > Set Up Online Banking"

5. 5 Posted by Dave Cox on 30 Apr, 2019 07:21 PM

Exactly the same. No joy there. I'll get on the phone with them and try recreating the account.

6. 6 Posted by TonyRI on 30 Apr, 2019 07:24 PM

This is the procedure to recreate the connection within Moneydance:

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/online-banking-and-bill-pay/r...

See if that helps.

7. 7 Posted by Bob Ranck on 10 Jun, 2019 02:22 PM

I'm having the same issues with Citi Cards not downloading transactions. Its been fine for over 2 years until the April or May time-frame and then I started getting the attached error message. I tried to Disable and Recreate using the a New Connection, and it still doesn't work. I called Citi and they said I use the same Website credentials for Quicken (Moneydance), so this error message doesn't make sense. "The given Customer ID or PIN is not valid. For more information contact your financial institution. Additional information from the server: The information you entered does not match our records"

8. 8 Posted by TonyRI on 10 Jun, 2019 05:21 PM

Citi Cards has been quirky lately. I had gotten the enter password error over the last couple of days, but then it connects. I had read of another user with similar problems concerning Citi Cards. I believe that IK is working on it.

9. 9 Posted by whitedavidp on 10 Jun, 2019 05:54 PM

Hello. I am just a user. But I experienced similar the last couple days. I even disconnected the accounts and re-connected without that fixing anything. After this I did update to the latest (2019.2) version. Knock on wood, I have not had the problem again. I noticed in the release notes something about SSL configuration. So I thought it worth a try. Your mileage may vary. And who knows, it may come back at me again later on.

10. 10 Posted by whitedavidp on 10 Jun, 2019 06:30 PM

BTW - perhaps this would get more attention if it were in the online banking section?

11. 11 Posted by Mike Villella on 10 Jun, 2019 06:43 PM

I'm having the same issues with a Citi credit card I the last week or so

12. 12 Posted by Bob Ranck on 10 Jun, 2019 08:44 PM

I just downloaded 2019.2 (1868). I will install and see if the behaviour goes away.

13. 13 Posted by whitedavidp on 11 Jun, 2019 01:35 PM

Just to update here. With 2019.2 installed I continue to NOT have this problem. Best wishes.

14. 14 Posted by Bob Ranck on 11 Jun, 2019 03:07 PM

Update. I agree with whitedavidp. I had no error messages today downloading transactions from Citi with 2019.2 installed. It seems to have fixed the issue.

15. 15 Posted by Andrew on 13 Jun, 2019 03:29 PM

citi credit card download stopped working for me about 1 week ago. I was on 2019.1 and have since upgraded to 2019.3. Same result each time. I have disabled and recreated the connection multiple times.

Bank Name: Citi Cards
    The error code reported by the server was: 2003
    Account Not Found

But the account is found, when I set up online banking, and what's more I have another citi card account, and it continues to work normally.

16. 16 Posted by whitedavidp on 13 Jun, 2019 03:45 PM

2019.3? I just looked around and found only 2019.2. Typo? The error you are getting is different than the one I and others were getting - related to PIN, not account.

17. 17 Posted by derekkent23 on 13 Jun, 2019 04:21 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

2019.3 build 1876 can be found at https://infinitekind.com/preview

18. 18 Posted by whitedavidp on 13 Jun, 2019 04:43 PM

Thanks. Did not know about preview/beta.

19. System closed this discussion on 12 Sep, 2019 04:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac