updating usa mutual funds

tim list

23 May, 2019 12:01 PM

I have tried alphadvantage and iex to update my usa holdings. Neither is working. Keep seeing recommendation to use yahoo or google finance, but those options do not make themselves available.

Also when i download my file from my holding company nothing changes.

Please help.

Tim

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 23 May, 2019 06:54 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Can you give two or three examples of fund ticker symbols along with there fund names that you are having problems with and I will test and advise.

2. 2 Posted by Tim List on 23 May, 2019 09:42 PM

vasgx Vanguard life strategy growth
    amcpx AMCAP

Thanks

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 24 May, 2019 07:41 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Hi Tim

You don’t sate which version of Moneydance you are using. The following was tested using 2019.3(1870).

There are two methods within Moneydance for obtaining security prices automatically.
    The extension “Quote and Exchange Rate Updater found under EXTENSIONS – MANAGE EXTENSIONS. It does not look like IEX Trading supports your two example funds.
    Alpha Vantage does support your two example funds, but is very, very slow. Also, it has a bug which can mislead you into thinking a zero price is being returned. See screen shot and note $0.00. In fact prices are being returned.

If the Quote and exchange rate updater does not work well for you try the free third-party Quote Loader. Both of the sources in the Quote Loader return prices for your example funds. See screen shot

Quote Loader has far wider coverage and is fast.

For 2017 see post 248 at https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/3771-thi...

For 2019 see post 145 at https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/investments/4039-quo...

Download the PDF attached to these posts and have a read.
    To get an overview take a look at the YouTube video by using the link on page one of the PDF.

Let us know how you get on or if you need help just post.

Hope this helps.

4. 4 Posted by Tim List on 24 May, 2019 11:27 AM

DerekKent23,

I'm sorry, I am running MoneyDance 2019.2.

Thank you for helping me with this. I have set the exchange down loader to
    the Alphavantage and will try that.

Thanks again,

Tim

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac