Cash flow report uses wrong transaction total for split transactions

plutino

26 May, 2019 07:17 AM

This appears to be a bug on the Cash Flow report. When part of a split transaction involves cash accounts, Cash Flow report uses the transaction total rather than the sum of the splits that are to or from cash accounts.

STR:
1. create a transaction with 2 splits: $200 to deposit to a cash account, and $100 to deposit to a non-cash account
2. run Cash Flow, Detailed report

Expectation:
The transaction total is $200 in the report

Observation:
The transaction total is $300 in the report

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Henry on 28 May, 2019 11:57 AM

Hi Plutino,

Thank you for contacting us.

Is the split represented correctly, when you run the Cash Flow Detailed report for one account account?

Also would it be possible for you to share your current version and build number?
    To do this, open Moneydance and select Help --> About Moneydance (or Moneydance --> About Moneydance on a Mac) where the version and build number will be displayed.

--
    Henry, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by plutino on 29 May, 2019 04:33 AM

Hi Henry,

I don't quite understand your first question, but both Cash Flow and Cash Flow Detailed reports are accurate for non-split transactions, and have the same bug for split transactions.

I'm using MD version 2019.1 R1855

- Chris

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Henry on 31 May, 2019 12:18 PM

My apologies, what I meant was if the reports display the splits accurately when you choose to use only one account within the report.

Can you try upgrading to the latest version of Moneydance from here:

https://infinitekind.com/downloads

and see if that fixes the issue that you're seeing?

--
    Henry, Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by plutino on 02 Jun, 2019 07:51 AM

Hi Henry, I upgraded to the latest version (R1868) and the issue still present. The amount is incorrect event if I select a single account. I attached a couple of screenshot to illustrate the problem. Here are the steps to get the results:

1. Create 3 accounts and one incoming category: Test Bank Account, Test Asset Account, and Test Investment Account, and Test Income Category.

2. Create a 3-way split transaction from the Test Category to the three Test accounts as shown in the transaction screenshot:

• $1000 to Test Bank Account
      • $500 to Test Asset Account
      • $300 to Test Investment Account
    3. Show cash flow detailed report and select only the Test Bank Account account. As shown in the screenshot, the total income is shown as $1800 instead of $1000. The summary section shows this:

• Beginning Balance $0
      • Total Income $1800
      • Ending Balance . $1000

The numbers do not add up.

5. 5 Posted by plutino on 23 Jun, 2019 04:34 AM

Bug persists in 2019.3(R1880)

6. 6 Posted by plutino on 21 Jul, 2019 04:21 AM

Hi, Just want to check again if this is the expected behavior and I misunderstood the numbers, or it's something not expected and should be fixed.

Thanks,
    Chris

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac