My computer account not synced correctly.

Diane Schorsch

14 Jun, 2019 04:57 PM

Hello. I am having problems with my computer account syncing correctly across my devices. It has days missing and when I try to
add them, it affects the account on my android device. How do I fix this problem so that I will be able to reconcile my account in a few days? Thank you very much.

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 14 Jun, 2019 06:20 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

What devices are you syncing?
    What version and build of Moneydance are you running, e.g. 2019.3(1880)
    What is your computer operating system.
    What syncing method are you using?

2. 2 Posted by Diane Schorsch on 14 Jun, 2019 07:24 PM

My Asus Laptop running Windows 10. I am using 2019.1 and don't know how to update. Dropbox is my syncing method but it lost some transactions when I didn't sync my computer for 4 days, while traveling. I accounted for them on my android devices but for some reason my computer won't find them.

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 14 Jun, 2019 08:19 PM

Hi Diane

From your answer you are only syncing between one windows computer and one mobile device.

First, I suggest with Moneydance closed you update your build of Moneydance by running the install program downloaded from https://infinitekind.com/preview

Then with Moneydance open under FILES – SYNCING set the syncing method to DON’T SYNC. Manually copy any missing transaction from your mobile device. Under setting on your mobile device DISCONNECT. Then Reset Syncing as follows. The following assumes you have Dropbox client installed on your computer, that is you have a Dropbox folder on your computer.

1. Use FILE – EXPORT BACKUP to save a backup in case something goes wrong.
    2. Then shut down Moneydance. If you are using Dropbox as the backup location wait till the Dropbox icon states “Up to Date”. This can take some time.
    3. Using your computer, in the Dropbox folder delete the folder “.moneydancesync”. Watch the Dropbox icon and wait till it states “Up to Date”.
    4. Open Moneydance on your computer under FILE - SYNCING, set your “Encryption Passphrase”, set “Sync Method” to “Dropbox Folder”, click OK.
    5. Wait for Dropbox folder “.moneydancesync” and its contents to be created. Check the Dropbox icon states “Up to Date”.
    6. Set up syncing to your mobile devices following this article. https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/syncing-and-sharing-data/sync... the article applies to both Moneydance 2017 and 2019.

Wait for your data to be synced.

If in any step you don’t get things how I describe, detail what you are seeing, including screen shots.

Hope this helps.

4. 4 Posted by derekkent23 on 14 Jun, 2019 08:31 PM

Hi Diane

Sorry one thing I missed in my last post just before step 1. under setting on your mobile device DISCONNECT.

EDITED in last post.

5. 5 Posted by Diane Schorsch on 14 Jun, 2019 09:40 PM

Thank you, that worked. I just had to use my backup before the problem started and then re-entered everything from 5/28. Hopefully this doesn't happen again. I was traveling across country and only using my phone to update expenses. Somehow my computer never got the updated syncs and I lost a few days of expenses. Weird. I couldn't add them because it then caused issues with the my android (phone) one.
    Thanks for your help.

6. 6 Posted by derekkent23 on 15 Jun, 2019 06:30 AM

Hi Diane

Glad I was able to help.

Have Fun.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

21 Jul, 2019 05:00 PM
21 Jul, 2019 01:55 PM
21 Jul, 2019 11:31 AM