Thanks for your help. Checked the currencies and all seemed fine except I have two currncies for the British Pound. I tried deleting one but it wouldn't let me, although the other British Pound currency was set as the base currency.
Interestingly the one British pound dialog box just showed the GBP with no histories, whereas the other British pound displayed the same dialog box as all other currencies.
Is that correct? Should I have two British Pound currencies?
Hope this isn't too poorly described!
No you should only have one instances of a currency, the odds that this is causing your issue are pretty good.
The fact that you cannot delete it suggests it is being used somewhere, the challenge is to find out where, it is possibly only in a couple of transactions. Before starting to try anything I would take a backup of the data.
You can try renaming the wrong currency to something else and working through to identify what transactions use it and correcting them. This problem has come up before on rare occasions but I do not recall an easy way of finding out where the problem transactions are exactly.
Thanks again. I renamed one of the British pound currencies to British Pounds. Checked the account settings and found that British Pounds were set as the currency rather than British Pound. Problem I've got now is when I go to edit the account the currency of the account is greyed out and non editable.
Any suggestions how I could make the currency editable? I could then change them all to British pound and hopefully then be able to delete the offending currency.
Alternatively I thought I could print out the transactions, delete the account then set the account up again with the correct currency. But thought this would be the last resort.
You cannot change the currency of an account once it has transactions in it.
Moneydance does not see the two currencies as the same and to change the currency means that Moneydance would have to be capable of converting every transaction to the new currency using the correct "rate".
You could try creating a new account with the correct currency and using batch change in the old you see if you can "move" the transactions to the new. If this works you then just delete the old and rename the new account to whatever you like.
Hi, unfortunately tried this but when I do a batch change to transfer to a new account it only displays the option to transfer the transactions to another account with the same currency, ie the wrong currency.
Worth a try, probably being to hopeful that it would ignore the currency.
Now this approach is why I said take a backup. Export the wrong account to a QIF file and import the QIF file into the new account. QIF files have no currency indication.
If this works correctly you will initially have some duplicates but you should be able to determine that you have some correct transactions (the ones just loaded) if this is the case you can delete the incorrect account, and all transactions it contains.