MondeyDance 2010 loses all data after July 2006

Robert M Fasanello

16 Dec, 2009 04:46 PM

I purchased 2010 Dec. 11, and loaded app. Upon opening program, all of my data after July 3, 2006, was missing.
I can open MD 2008 on my backup drive, if used as a start up; and my data is there.

I removed all MD files from my hard drive, and copied the backup files to it. OPening on the HD is in the 2010 format, even
thought all prefs, etc., were deleted (trashed and erased). So I can only run MD from backup drive. Which means, I cannot use
that drive to clone the HD--as soon as I do, the MD files will be destroyed based on whatever is on the HD.

Thus, the program has become not just useless to me, but an impediment to all my computing. This was posted on the private help page, but I can't find that now.

If this can be resolved immediately, fine. If not, I will have to ditch MD for another app (and request a refund of my upgrade fee).

I am running Mac OS X 10.6.2, with Java 13.1.0.

1. 1 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 04 Jan, 2010 02:17 PM

Robert,

I apologize for the delay in our response. This issue you are describing is one we have not been able to re-create. If you are not using the most recent version (2010 build 735), please update to that version. You can download the update [here]http://moneydance.com/other). This update has resolved a few key issues our users have been experiencing. Please let me know if your issue persists and we will look into other solutions.

If you would prefer a refund, please send the full name and email address which you used to purchase your upgrade and we will process your refund.

I apologize again for the delay in response to this serious issue. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance.

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

2. Raimund Buchholz closed this discussion on 13 Apr, 2010 11:25 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac