Hello derekkent23 and dwg,
As many times as I checked "Account", I didn't see the Inactive check box. It's getting closer and closer to time for the old folks home!!
Thanks very much for your help. That was a very easy fix.
If you are still there, perhaps you can tell me what I'm doing wrong with my credit cards. I just downloaded my transactions. The balances in the sidebar are all silly. Some are showing the last payment amount, a couple are showing some random transaction amount. None are showing the correct balance except the zero balances. What have I done now? Thanks for knowing stuff.
I am running Moneydance 2019.3(1881).
I download an OFX transaction file from my on line credit card wed site once a month and import it into Moneydance and use the confirmation process and have not experienced any issues.
For support or others to understand your issue you will need to provide more information.
What version/build are you running.
What is your credit card company?
Are you using direct connect or downloading and importing a file, if so what type?
Describe what you are seeing with perhaps screen shots.
The more information you provide the more likely you are to get help
Sorry I forgot to say that. I'm running MD 2017.10 (1706)
I download 7 Quicken files once a month from 5 different credit card companies.
This oddity has only started in the last month or so.
The companies have decided it isn't secure to download directly. I must log in, download the transactions, and when the (Windows 10) dialog box asks what I want to do with the file, I specify to open with MD.
If your credit card company has stop Direct Connect and you have now to download a transaction file from your account web site what type of file is it, e.g. QFX, OFX, QIF etc.
Has the problem only started when you import this file into Moneydance?
There has recently been issue of banks not following the transaction specifications correctly, what is the bank you are using?
They stopped Direct Connect a couple of years ago, this issue just cropped
up in the last couple months.
QFX lately, though I've used QIF a lot too. I had an issue a few months ago
where QFX was the only one that would work that month, so I've just been
using that since.
The problem is new, I've been importing into MD since 2015, used direct
connect for the first couple years.
This month the banks are Bank of America, Capital One and Discover. The
others have zero balances this month--there was nothing to download.
Thanks for following up.
There has recently been an issue with some banks not following the QFX specifications correctly. Certainly, Bank of America and Capital One, don’t remember seeing post relating to Discovery but maybe they have the same issue. Perhaps they all out souse to the same company.
In the latest version of 2019, a work around has been added to get over this issue. Under Preferences on the Network tab 'Ignore Transaction Types in Favor of Amount Signs' tick box has been added. My credit card bank, Barclaycard, follows the specification and thus I have not needed to try this work around. Perhaps it would help you.
If you purchased 2017 direct then you can upgrade to 2019 for free. If you purchased an earlier version you can get a 50% discount, see https://infinitekind.com/purchase
If you do upgrade then make sure you do an EXPORT BACKUP in case something goes wrong.
That would explain the change. Thanks. I purchased 2015, so I'm not
eligible for any upgrades. I'm glad to understand that I need to update the
program. I'll set my mind on doing it at the beginning of the year when I
start a new set of books anyway. It's too nerve–wracking to worry about
what mistakes I'll make switching now and it isn't a huge problem.
Thanks for your help. Peace.