Error when Importing CSV File

troyh41

19 Aug, 2019 05:34 PM

When I try to import a QIF file the majority of the individual transactions within my bank/credit card accounts are missing and the balances are way off. I imported a csv file for an individual account I was able to get all of the transactions but when I try and import another csv file for another account I get an error message that says "Java.lang.NullPointerException csv". I've downloaded and installed the text import extension and then I am able to import the first 2 months of transactions but not the latest 8 months worth of transactions. Any ideas?

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 19 Aug, 2019 08:55 PM

Hi Troy,

What version and build number of Moneydance are you using? (Moneydance menu bar > Help > About Moneydance)
    To a lesser extent, what OS are you running?

There are several ways to import a CSV file into Moneydance.
    It sounds like you may have already touched on some of them.
    Moneydance menu bar > File > Import is the latest means of doing so.
    The Text Importer extension is an older means.
    There is also a free, third-party CSV Importer designed expressly for Moneydance. (which is my personal favorite).
    You can d/l it from the developer's website here. There is a 'How to use it' link at the bottom of the page.
    https://github.com/stant/mdcsvimporter2015/releases
    V.22 is the latest release. V.22 works with MD 2015 ~ MD 2019

If you need help with it, let me know and I'll try the lend a hand.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by troyh41 on 20 Aug, 2019 07:53 PM

Thanks Kevin,

I just realized that MD doesn’t support Direct Connect for my financial institution so unfortunately I’m stuck with Quicken. I’ve been trying to get away from Quicken for years but I can’t seem to find another app that offers Direct Connect AND has a reconciliation component. Thanks a lot for offering to help though!

Troy

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac