Moneydance finance

Gerald LaPlant

13 Oct, 2019 11:24 PM

Just updated my Mac Pro to MACOS Catalina. My Moneydance will not open. Said,"To open “Moneydance-2.app” you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime." I downloaded the Java file and then I get, "Safari can’t open the file."Safari can’t open the file “javaforosx.dmg” because no available application can open it." Please help me. I have years of financial data that I can not access.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 14 Oct, 2019 10:36 AM

Hi Gerald,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

Are you able to check which version and build of Moneydance you are using?
    To check, open Moneydance and select Help --> About Moneydance (or Moneydance --> About Moneydance on a Mac) where the version and build number will be displayed.

We recommend running Moneydance 2019.3 (1880) available for download at this page, if you purchase your software directly from our website.

Please note, if you purchased via the Mac App store, you can simply log into your account using your Apple ID and your update should be available, for you there.

Newer versions of Moneydance are bundled with Java, so you won't need to install this separately on your computer.

Please launch Moneydance by double clicking on your .moneydance file from Finder.

Finally, it might be useful for you take a look atthis public thread

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac