Preview version 1891 seems to have broken register date sorting

iandarkwater

22 Oct, 2019 12:30 PM

As per the title. I updated. My register was in date descending. I clicked on date to change to ascending which happened but now date sorting seems frozen. Neither clicking on the date header or via the right click menu will change date sorting back to descending. This is true for all my registers.
Help please!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 22 Oct, 2019 03:27 PM

Hi Ian,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

Can you let me know which operating system you're running on your computer/s?

Is there any particular reason why you are running the preview version instead of the latest stable Moneydance 2019.3 (1880)?

Did you try uninstalling and re-installing it already?

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 22 Oct, 2019 03:54 PM

I am not support staff, just a user
    Hi Maddy

A number of Windows 10 and Mac users have reported this issue when using preview build 1891 on Sean’s Slack site.

Also Sort By Date/Amount no longer seems to work in 1891.

3. 3 Posted by iandarkwater on 22 Oct, 2019 06:16 PM

Hi Maddy
    I'm running Win 10 fully updated.
    I'm running the preview version because I like new things & I have absolutely no patience.
    I haven't tried uninstalling/reinstalling & in the light of Derek's info it probably wouldn't help to do so.
    My registers seem to be locked on to 'sort by date/amount'. At least that's what's immovably selected in the rightclick/sort selector.
    Regards
    Ian

4. 4 Posted by derekkent23 on 22 Oct, 2019 07:27 PM

This is the response by Sean on this subject.

"thanks for the feedback re sort order and Amex connection problems in 1891! I believe I've just fixed both and will have build 1892 available in a few hours."

Sounds good.

5. 5 Posted by iandarkwater on 22 Oct, 2019 08:20 PM

Hi Derek
    Many thanks for the update.
    Regards
    Ian

6. 6 Posted by derekkent23 on 23 Oct, 2019 02:35 PM

Sean has fixed Amex issue as well as register heading arrows toggling to change between Ascending and Descending. BUT right click Sort By Date/Amount is still not working. Works in 1888.
    Reported.

7. 7 Posted by Jens on 02 Nov, 2019 11:59 AM

I've noticed some occasional odd sorting by date in 1892: It looks like that items with a blank C column (= Uncleared) are pushed to the top above Reconciling/Cleared ones, regardless of their date. I haven't had time yet to come up with a standalone example to proof and show this, but maybe that hint is enough for support and developer team to follow up.

Jens

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac