Printing reports seems to ignore page setup (margins)

David Muehlbauer

18 Jan, 2020 09:06 PM

I printed the Tax Related Income and Expenses, Detailed report and like others I've printed it had absolutely no margins. I checked the 'Page Setup' option and it was set to 1" margins. Why do reports seem to ignore this setting?

1. 1 Posted by sth on 19 Jan, 2020 01:24 AM

Printing is a very variable issue. At least list your version of MD (like 2019.4) and your OS. There have been a lot of tweaks to the printing system over the years to accommodate changes in Java and the OS.

2. 2 Posted by David Muehlbaue... on 19 Jan, 2020 03:38 PM

I have version 2019-3 (1880) and when I checked for updates it says I have the latest version. I am running on Windows 10.

David Muehlbauer
    [email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>

3. 3 Posted by -Kevin N. on 19 Jan, 2020 04:07 PM

Hi David,

It seems from the number of print-related posts, there is an insurmountable task of getting Java to 'play nice' with all of the various available print drivers.

Something that you could try, as a workaround, instead of 'Print' try using 'Save'.

Save the report as an HTML file. (be sure to retain the .html file extension when naming the report file.)

You can then open the report.html file in a spreadsheet, word processor or browser and print it from within one of those environments.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

4. 4 Posted by PaulF on 22 Jan, 2020 03:19 PM

I have the same problem - printing starts half way across the page. It used used to work fine. It is not a printer problem as I get the same result if I print to pdf. Is the answer really that Moneydance cannot make this work?... My Java is 12.0.2 and MD is 1886 (the latest version). Exporting to HTML is not really as sustainable solution. Paul

5. 5 Posted by dwg on 22 Jan, 2020 07:55 PM

I'm a fellow user.

Build 1884 saw some changes in the way reports are handling, and there are some more changes in 1888, there have been no further reports/printing noted changes since.

The latest preview build is 1899. The latest stable Build 1880.

6. 6 Posted by PaulF on 23 Jan, 2020 02:46 PM

Thanks dwg - I will have a look at Build 1899 and report back

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac