"Transaction Filter"

martin.alper

20 Jan, 2020 05:22 PM

I started a discussion for this problem on 1/02/2020 but have not gotten a resolution. I am getting $0 instead of actual values in my "Transaction Filter" reports. Any suggestions? I really hate just giving up. Screen shots were sent but I can do it again.

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 20 Jan, 2020 06:44 PM

Hi martin.alper,

The first thing that I do when an anomaly occurs generating a report is to click the 'Reset' button in the lower left-hand corner of the parameters window. I've seen it fix weird behavior before.

Screenshots of the parameters window and the resulting report would definitely help.

Keep in mind that these are pubic forums. Make sure that there is no sensitive information in the screenshot (or redact the information) before posting the screenshot.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by sth on 20 Jan, 2020 10:02 PM

This is a weirdness that I do not understand. If I ask for the transaction filter to scan for a particular holding in a particular account it returns zero as the amount. If I double click on the transaction it shows a positive dividend.

If I search for a category "Dividend" I get all the dividends and amounts as I expected. This is for the developer to fix. If you are not getting a response then email the developer Sean. (others have posted his email elsewhere on this forum)

I did try to answer your problem. There really isn't much point in creating the same thread over and over. You can just add to the old one and it bumps to the top.

3. 3 Posted by martin.alper on 20 Jan, 2020 10:04 PM

If you can find the discussion that I started 1/2/2020you will see my screen shots, otherwise I could do it again?

4. 4 Posted by -Kevin N. on 20 Jan, 2020 10:11 PM

Hi Martin,

I see your prior post. No need for further screenshots.

5. 5 Posted by -Kevin N. on 20 Jan, 2020 10:36 PM

Hi Martin,

My hunch is that the Transactions Filter report is geared more towards Categories and / or Bank & Credit Card type of accounts.

If you are looking for Dividend income, try setting the 'Account' parameter of the report to your Income Category for 'Dividends'. You may be able to Sub Total by Payee to help sort things out (or just play around with the Sub Total By setting) Judging by the screenshot on your other post, you're not making use of the 'Description' field. Doing so hinders subtotaling by payee.

The Investment Transactions report might also be worth looking into.

6. 6 Posted by sth on 20 Jan, 2020 11:59 PM

I can find your previous post, but that is why keeping the thread as a single thread is helpful.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac