Moneydance Balances don't agree between account ledger and summary to left

kb248

24 Jan, 2020 01:25 AM

When I started using MoneyDance today the current balance for each account matched the total for that account in the Summary to the left with the list of all my accounts. As I've manually entered transactions tonight each account, with a new transaction, no longer agrees between the total balance shown in the ledger and the total shown in the summary. That is now happening with two checking accounts and one credit card. The balance in the ledgers is correct. For the checking accounts the Summary balance is too low. For the Credit card the balance owed is too high.
There are two unusual aspects to my MoneyDance installation, but everything was fine, including new transactions, a week ago after moving MoneyDance from a Mac that died to a Windows laptop. Also the laptop has a very small C: drive so the program is on C: but the data file has been moved to D:. What do I do now??? Thanks in advance. Keith Brenneman

1. 1 Posted by kb248 on 24 Jan, 2020 01:33 AM

I'm using MoneyDance 2019.3 on Windows 10 - 64 bit

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 24 Jan, 2020 01:39 AM

I'm a fellow user.

Make sure you are comparing apples to apples, there are different balance types in Moneydance.

See the following article for information on the balance in the Ledger.

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/register-and-transactions/balance-box

The Summary page can display three types of balances see:

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/customizing-and-preferences/general

3. 3 Posted by kb248 on 24 Jan, 2020 01:53 AM

dwg, Thanks for the suggestion! That was the problem. I've been using MoneyDance for eight years and never ran into that before. Keith

4. kb248 closed this discussion on 24 Jan, 2020 01:53 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac