Automatic scheduled transaction

suzi charlton

26 Dec, 2009 07:42 PM

I would like to set up a regular monthly withdrawal of £300 from my checking account, to go into my savings account as a payment. How do I get Moneydance to register the transaction in each account automatically?

1. 1 Posted by gpontikos on 26 Dec, 2009 07:56 PM

On your checking account select new transaction, fill in date, in the "Check" field choose "Trn", next write a description, like "Transfer to My Savings Account", next choose your savings account from the pop up list of accounts and then write the 300 in the payment field. Hit enter to be recorded and then right click this transaction and choose memorize. Choose the next date that this transfer will occur, choose "monthly" and clich the day of the month of the transaction. Click also the "auto-Commit" if you want automatically the transfer to be recorded to your accounts.
    I hope I covered everything, but please let me know if you need more clarifications.

2. 2 Posted by suzi charlton on 26 Dec, 2009 08:31 PM

Many Thanks! With these type of transactions, where can they be edited?

3. 3 Posted by gpontikos on 26 Dec, 2009 08:57 PM

The first one should be entered in your checking account register (click the account on the Home page). After you follow the above (on the memorize) then you will see the transfer on the "Upcoming items" about 14 days before the due date. You can click the line there and edit it and record it, or on the "Tools" menu choose "Reminders..." and you can edit it there.

4. 4 Posted by Angie Rauscher on 28 Dec, 2009 02:56 PM

Suzi,

Seems like you got some great advice from other users, please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Angie Rauscher
    Moneydance Support

5. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2011 07:07 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac