OFX Import "Remember This Choice" issue

jeff_l

14 Feb, 2020 07:44 PM

MD 2019.4 (1903) Win 10 & Mac OS Catalina

There seems to be an issue with the importing of OFX files.

If you do a manual import of an OFX file via File > Import you get the familiar

“Select An Account” box pop-up.

However, there is now a new check box on that screen

“Remember This Choice”

If you tick that box, it goes away and from that time onwards the OFX file gets imported immediately.

Here is the problem, there does not seem to be anyway of changing this behaviour back to selecting the account to import to manually.

At first I assumed that this could be changed by editing the config.dict file but that does not seem to be the case.

99% of the time this is fine. But sometimes you may want to import the file to say a Test Account & also banks have had a nasty habit of tinkering with the OFX file suddenly changing the layout. Under the above circumstances you could end up with loads of erroneous data.

Please can you tell me how I can revert back to selecting the account to load the OFX file to manually?

Jeff

1. 1 Posted by scook on 19 Feb, 2020 06:33 PM

I would also like to know this.

Steve

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Maddy on 20 Feb, 2020 01:54 PM

Hi Steve and Jeff,
    I've attached a file called "remove_ofx_account_bindings.py " that should resolve this problem for you.

Before using the file, you can take a backup of your Moneydance data set, using the File --> Export Backup.

To use the .py file, first save it to your computer and then follow these steps:

1. In Moneydance 2019 select Window --> 'Show Moneybot' - if you're using a previous version of Moneydance select 'Python Scripting'.

2. In the window that opens, select 'Open Script' then navigate to the .py file wherever you saved it on your system.

3. Select 'Run' to execute the file.

4. Wait a few moments until you see a message on screen, confirming the script has run successfully.

Once completed, and you should be able to select the correct account.

Please let me know if you have any problems running the script, or if you continue to encounter issues .

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by jeff_l on 20 Feb, 2020 03:18 PM

Hi Maddy,

Thanks for the Python Script. "remove_ofx_account_bindings.py "

It works without a hitch & the Tick Box to select.

“Remember This Choice” is restored.

I predict that this Python script might be in High Demand in the future!
    I didn’t really have a problem myself as such, as immediately I could not find a

“Forget This Choice” I restored a backup from 2 days prior.

The scary thing is, that the ticking of that one box immediately synced that choice to all my other PC’s via dropbox.

So as well as restoring the 2 day old files to all my syncing devices, I also had to delete the dropbox syncing folder .moneydancesync online.

Thanks again.

Jeff

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Maddy on 21 Feb, 2020 09:12 AM

You are welcome, Jeff! I'm very pleased to hear that it work.
    Also, thank you for reporting back and for sharing your views.
    I'll close this discussion for now, but do not hesitate to contact us again, if you need further assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

5. Maddy closed this discussion on 21 Feb, 2020 09:12 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac