Linux Screen display

Jim

26 Mar, 2020 04:18 AM

Hi,
Start Money dance, transactions, in the date column the full date is not displayed, day, month, O.K. year only shows first 2 digits. Also, the balance column at the end cannot be seen correctly, Its as if the screen display is too big for the screen. How do I adjust setting so I see the full date and last column?

I downloaded the Windows version for comparison, everything is fine shows complete date and balance column.

Regards

Jim Armitage

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 26 Mar, 2020 05:11 AM

I'm a fellow user.

It can be a screen resolution issue, and also there can be differences in fonts between the operating systems.

If the problem is just that some columns are not quite wide enough you can left click on the divider line that exists in the header line, the arrow does not change to the familiar double headed arrow that you may be used to but you can drag the column divider in order to make column wider.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ethan on 26 Mar, 2020 04:09 PM

Hi Jim,

If that's not what you were referring to, can you attach a screenshot showing the area of the program you are referencing? If you're not sure how to take a screenshot, please see http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by Jim Armitage on 28 Mar, 2020 03:49 AM

Hi Ethan,

Tried to open Moneydance on Linux Zorin (the OS I am using).

, Would not open. I do not have expertise knowledge of Linux so all I could do was un-install and re-install Moneydance, which opened O.K. after installing. However, I feel that I would be better off using it on Windows 10, would it be possible to switch the licence from Linux to Windows 10?

Regards

Jim

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 28 Mar, 2020 04:12 AM

I'm a fellow user.

Licenses are independent of the Operating system, so a license will work on any OS.

5. 5 Posted by Jim Armitage on 28 Mar, 2020 04:24 AM

Thank you.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac