Would like a refund

joseph golin

29 Mar, 2020 07:04 PM

Hello my name is Joe Golin,

I can not get my bank account to download all of the transactions, can I please receive a refund of $ 53.16?

Thanks!

Joe Golin

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 29 Mar, 2020 07:14 PM

Hello Joe,

I would be happy to authorize a refund and I am inclined to offer you technical assistance first. This is not an attempt to get out of giving you a refund, if that is what you want let me know and I will authorize it today. However if there is something specific you believe that I might be able to assist you with I am at your service. A good place to start would be to let us know which bank you are trying to connect to, how far you are getting in the setup process, and any error messages you are receiving.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Joe Golin on 29 Mar, 2020 07:54 PM

Hello Ethan,

Thanks for reaching out, I can not download my checking account I have with
    Northwest community bank located here in Connecticut.

take care,

Joe G

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ethan on 30 Mar, 2020 04:22 PM

Hi Joe,

Thanks. I can confirm that Northwest Community Bank does still appear to support direct connections. Can you describe in more detail what issues you are running into when trying to set up connections? How far do you get in the setup process (https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb/online-banking-and-bill-pay/d...), are you receiving any error messages, etc?

Have you contacted your bank to enable your accounts for direct connections? Many financial institutions will require you to enable your accounts for application-based online banking. You can accomplish this by asking your bank to set up your account for direct connections from Quicken. Moneydance uses exactly the same OFX server connection protocol as Quicken but your bank representative may not know this and mistakenly believe that you can not connect in Moneydance. Calling up your bank and stating precisely the following should get you started. "Please enable direct connect on my account such that I can connect to your servers directly with Quicken. Also give me the login credentials I need to connect Quicken to this service."

Application-based online banking often requires a different login/PIN than the ones that are used for ATM or web-based banking. When you enable your account for access from Moneydance or Quicken, your financial institution should let you know what customer ID/login and PIN to use.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by Joe Golin on 30 Mar, 2020 07:33 PM

Thank you for the support Ethan!

Let me contact my bank and try this out.

I will keep you posted with in the next few days if it works.

Take care,

Joe G

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ethan on 30 Mar, 2020 07:54 PM

Hi Joe,

Sounds good!

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

6. 6 Posted by Joe Golin on 23 Apr, 2020 03:16 PM

Hello Ethan,

My bank account could not figure out how to link the account, if I could
    please receive a refund that would be greatly appreciated!

Take care,

Joe golin.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Ethan on 23 Apr, 2020 03:44 PM

Hello Joe,

I'm sorry to hear that your bank won't enable direct connections for your accounts! I wonder why? Banks usually don't just outright refuse to do this for their customers.

I have asked our payment processing partners Fastspring to process your refund. They will let you know when the process is complete from their end.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

8. Ethan closed this discussion on 23 Apr, 2020 03:44 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac