Transfer transaction does not show in other side

Mary

29 Dec, 2009 07:45 PM

I just updated to MD 2010 r2 (735) [Win XP, Java Version: 1.6.0_16]
I made a transfer from one bank account to another from the memorized list. The Balance of the receiving account shows the transfer correctly but the sending account doesn't show the transaction at all. However, its balance at the bottom of the page (right side) shows the correct amount.

I tried show the other side but it opens the account and does not show the transaction. I checked the date to be sure it didn't get lost.
I shut down MD and opened it again but it still doesn't show the transaction.

1. 1 Posted by Mary on 29 Dec, 2009 07:57 PM

I just entered another transaction in the account that does not show the transfer. Now, the Balance column shows the transferred amount + the new deposit amount. But it still doesn't show the transferred amount so the Balance makes no sense based on the transactions listed.

e.g.:
    Balance was $8000
    Transfer out of -$4000
    This shows on the register of the receiving account but does not show on the $8000 account and the Balance still shows $8000 but the Balance button on the bottom right shows $4000. Deposit $20 - transaction is shown in register but balance now shows $4020 with no transaction for the $4k.

2. 2 Posted by Ben Spencer on 29 Dec, 2009 08:09 PM

I am not able to reproduce the problem you are describing. Please ensure that you have the "All" button clicked at the top of the register to ensure that all transactions are being shown. Do you think you could take a screen shot or two that demonstrate this problem and attach them to this discussion. Press the print screen button on your keyboard to take a screen shot.

Sincerely

Ben Spencer

3. 3 Posted by Mary on 29 Dec, 2009 08:27 PM

Thanks Ben. I guess those new buttons tricked me. It had gotten entered as cleared and didn't show up. I had better fix that in the memorized list.

4. 4 Posted by Mary on 29 Dec, 2009 08:36 PM

I guess that brings up a question. I checked the memorized transaction and it is not showing it as cleared. But when I entered it, the other side showed as cleared (which caused my confusion).

5. 5 Posted by Ben Spencer on 29 Dec, 2009 09:09 PM

Just to be sure that I understand you correctly. Are you saying that the transaction was a memorized transaction that you applied to your register and it automatically was marked as cleared on one side?

Ben

6. 6 Posted by Mary on 29 Dec, 2009 09:19 PM

Yes, that is correct. I looked at the memorized item and it was not marked cleared. It may have been once butt I fixed that a while ago and it did not enter as cleared in the previous versions. So that is odd.

7. 7 Posted by Ben Spencer on 19 Jan, 2010 06:43 PM

There is an existing ticket for this bug here is the link to the ticket.

http://moneydance.com/trac/ticket/1715

Ben

8. Angie Rauscher closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2011 07:17 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac