Repeat reminders / scheduled transactions

tonyt

27 Jun, 2020 10:35 AM

Hi
Returning to MD and Is it still not possible to get a listing of all my repeat scheduled reminders? I have many and printing the calendar is simply not an option as I have some monthly, bi monthly, quarterly, half yearly, yearly and two yearly reminders. PLEASE tell me it is possible. I have put all the data in, it would be good to be able ro get it out again on paper when needed.
Cheers....

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 28 Jun, 2020 02:40 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi Tonyt

Another user Stuart Beesley has put together a python script to export a list of reminders to a CSV file. Full credit to Stuart.

Download attached file “extract_reminders_to_csv v3.py”

Click on WINDOW – SHOW MONEYBOT CONSOLE.
    The new window has two sections. You may need to move the vertical partition to the right so you can see fully the window on the left.
    In this window click OPEN SCRIPT and navigate to and OPEN the downloaded file and then click RUN.
    A new window will open to allow you to select the location to which the CSV file will be saved. Click EXTRACT.
    In the next window select the date format – OK.
    The left window will list the reminders exported to the CSV file.

Hope this helps.

2. 2 Posted by tonyt on 29 Jun, 2020 09:53 AM

Hi Derek
    Thanks for the info, good news. I still think a mature program should have This sort of facility hard wired in.
    Never used a script! Do I install this from within MD? Does it show up in the extensions list? How does it link to my MD file?
    Sorry to be a pain but need more guidance if possible.
    Look forward to hearing soon.
    Cheers....

3. 3 Posted by derekkent23 on 29 Jun, 2020 10:14 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi tonyt

It is not a feature that shown up under EXTENSIONS – MANAGE EXTENSIONS.

Assuming you have downloaded the script you can take the next step.

To run the scripted open Moneydance in the normal way, so it opens your data set.
    You then run the script from within Moneydances as I described in my earlier post, that is:

Click on WINDOW – SHOW MONEYBOT CONSOLE.
    The new window has two sections. You may need to move the vertical partition to the right so you can see fully the window on the left. see screen shot.
    In this window click OPEN SCRIPT and navigate to and OPEN the downloaded file and then click RUN.
    A new window will open to allow you to select the location to which the CSV file will be saved. Click EXTRACT.
    In the next window select the date format – OK.
    The left window will list the reminders exported to the CSV file.

Hope this helps.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac