Transaction Reminders keep resetting to 0 days in advance and don't show up in ledger

Ron B.

27 Jun, 2020 04:46 PM

I have a number of existing transactional reminders that are all working fine, but when I attempted to add a new one today, it creates the reminder, but keeps showing up in the calendar as yellow and doesn't automatically create it in the ledger. if I reset the number of days in advance, still no creation, and opening and looking at it again will show it reset again to 0 days in advance.
Build version 2019.3 (1880) on a Macbook Pro

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 27 Jun, 2020 05:15 PM

Hi Ron,

...but keeps showing up in the calendar as yellow...

The yellow coloring is an indicator that the transaction is set for a future date. Is that your intension?

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by Ron Blair on 28 Jun, 2020 11:27 AM

No. As I mentioned, I attempt to have it appear on the ledger X number of days in the future (usually 90 or 120 days), and it still fails to appear like all of my old ones do. I’ve used this software for several years now, and have never had a problem getting them to schedule properly. Every time I set a value (any value..doesn’t matter what it is), to show it in the ledger in the future X days, it always resets to 0.

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 28 Jun, 2020 09:17 PM

I'm a fellow user.

I assume you are referring to the auto commit setting for reminders. I have 2019.4 (1904) installed and have been able to set auto commit to values like 100 days. It seems to save without problem I see no sign of it resetting at all.

As a future transaction it will post with yellow highlighting.

4. 4 Posted by Ron Blair on 28 Jun, 2020 11:35 PM

Thank you Dog. I thought I had checked the version numbers last night and had the latest, but yours is a point release newer. Let me see if I can find it.

5. 5 Posted by Ron Blair on 28 Jun, 2020 11:38 PM

Can you send me the download link? The site still shows mine is hte most current.

Moneydance 2019.3 <https://infinitekind.com/blog/moneydance2019-3>
    Moneydance is ready for Summer with the latest update, 2019.3! Now available in all the usual places: directly from us (recommended), the Mac App Store, and the Windows Store

This appears to be the same version I have already.

6. 6 Posted by dwg on 28 Jun, 2020 11:47 PM

The version of MD2019 I have installed is a preview release that is no longer available. Moneydance has now moved to a 2020 preview release.

I am not aware of any changes being made to reminders in quite some time so I would expect the releases to be functionally the same in this respect. I have also not seen any similar sorts of problems being reported.

7. 7 Posted by Ron Blair on 28 Jun, 2020 11:48 PM

I still had a link to the preview page from an issue a few years ago. Trying build 2020 (1915) now.

8. 8 Posted by Ron Blair on 28 Jun, 2020 11:51 PM

That did the trick. Thanks for reminding me about hte previews. A newly created entry works fine. It must have been a bugged feature in the exisitng that’s undocumented.

Thanks!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac